Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ka9bxg

briggs repower on allis 720

ka9bxg

I am sure this has been talked about before.I am thinking about repowering my allis 720. How has the briggs engine been working for the people that have repowered there tractors.Do they have more power as I use it for blowing snow and could use more power. Was it a lot of screwing around and do you feel it was worth the price of the kit? thanks for any help Bob

acfarmer

I know a guy that was putting a Vangard in a 4040 and he was having all sorts of issues.A new Briggs would be way down on my list of engines anyway.Most people that have repowered with Hondas seem to like them.

PGL

I have a Vanguard 23 put in a 620 about 7 years ago. Went in smoothly with no problem and no operating overheating problems others have experienced. Works well, no complaints. Was not a kit, a former member had located 3 at a good price and was a plant maintenance man able to machine the one drive adapter needed and installed it for me.

Paulcurtis3

I think it depends on who you talk toandtheir mechanical ability. I have heard a lot of complaints of the honda running hot. I know some have added fans etc. I have also seen the adapters for sale separately if you find a engine somewhere. Good luck!