Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs 16 HP...help with parts

AC712H

Well I have a Briggs which I believe to be 16 HP. I am having trouble finding parts and gaskets. I need to replace the piston and head gasket. Where can I find parts? Used piston is ok too.

326431 0020-01 7503061

I have not measured piston, don't the tools but hope to tomorrow. There is small gouges and scores on the top and a small chunk about 2mm x 3mm missing. I have not taken any more apart except the head.

I have a 326431 engine as well, and its got a notch specifically cut in it...Make sure that isn't why you're replacing it.

Looks like the standard size kit is

and the 20 oversize kit is

If you take your engine model number, and put a 99 instead of the 01 at the end (ie 326431-0020-99), you'll get the parts list you need. It will come up at Jacks, or any other online parts search site you like.

I don't know why it goes to this! If you search on this address for briggs and stratton cast iron, it will bring up the right one. I purchased this kit last year and it was fine. Again, just click on the link above and search briggs and stratton cast iron........ Hope this helps and sorry I, could not get you right there. Paul