Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lift rod identification help needed

donmoore1904

I have a lift rod that I was 90% sure came off a 4212H garden tractor, which was purchased with the hitch and 42" plow from a Simplicity dealer (by me!) new in 1987.

The parts diagrams I see online say that the part is 1665887SM.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=simplicity&mn=1691523+-+42%22+Snow+Plow%2FDozer+Blade+Hitch+Group&dn=12856

That part is available, but there is a Snapper part number that is the same but adds a 7 in front.

I have two problems. The first is that at the link above, the lift bar for the 4212H has a bend outward then back inward, as if it goes around something. But the actual bar has a single shift of 1-1/8" outward about 4" down from the 90 degree bend to connect with the rock shaft. The second problem is the Snapper part is 46-1/2" long, and the actual bar is 35" long.

If anyone by a miracle could help identify the part # based on the description I would be grateful. There may not be anyone here who crossed paths with this particular part.

Don,

Let me see if I can still read the # on my lift rod, for my 4212LTG. Too dark out there tonight! I got my rod (NOS) from Pipersville Garden Supply for $10. They may still have some in stock.(215) 766-0414.

Wayne

Bear in mind, the parts breakdowns very often use a "generic" picture, and the actual part may not always look like the picture.

your part number is correct on a different parts site I use

Don,

Currently changing from one 4212 to another, so my lift rod is off the machine. Just measured the overall length and I get 46-3/4" overall.

the offset bend to bend is 21-1/2". It allows clearance for the clutch/brake pedal. IMO the 35" rod is the same as the lift rod for my 46" spring trip blade.

Wayne

Thanks for the replies. I have had luck with many diagrams being correct, but I appreciate that they also may not be - hadn't considered that.

My main interest was in not throwing it in the trash, as it does not fit my 7010 due to slight interference with the clutch/brake at a certain height of the plow. I used it several years that way, and was happy to then replace it with the bar off a 3410 that has a different bend. I was anticipating questions such as "what does it fit?" if I try to sell it. I'll just advertise the dimensions and not a part #. For someone making their own, the fittings and spring would be a help as a minimum.