Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Here it comes!!! The next winter storm.

timflury

Pull up your favorite weather website and have a look.

We should be getting close to 10" in the SE Wi. area between Saturday night and Sunday evening.

Are you ready?

Ice here...it was a quarter inch or more of it yesterday...made the foot and a half of snow we have be become an 8" thick slab of concrete. Ice all nite and more ice today...then.... ICE tonite and more tomorrow. Lake effect kicks in Monday for a half foot of snow.

I do like snow...but I do not like any other form of precipitation.

Josh, move 200 miles north and you will see some real snow.

snows every day up here and doesnt melt much. the simplicity blower has seen more action in the past month than it has in the past 3 years.

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (sung in my deep voice)lol

Don't count your chickens yet Bob...the watches and warnings don't call for it getting north until after dark tonite. Look at all that ice though...yuk

Yea, it's been in the 40's here the last two days. High's in the teens by Christmas Eve. Should be plenty white once the lake spits snow on us here.

quote:Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Don't count your chickens yet Bob...the watches and warnings don't call for it getting north until after dark tonite. Look at all that ice though...yuk

id="quote">
id="quote">Josh I have a short memory. About 3 years ago and it almost put a damper on the annual tractor gathering.snow%20a%202%202.jpg

Maybe I'm the only one, but the only time I want to see snow, is on TV. At least having a cab on the B-112 now really helps. Only wished it had a hyro rather than gears. It is ready for the snow tonight in South Central Wisconsin. Oh well that's just me I guess.

Still have snow on the ground but melting fast, almost 60° here now.

Stormy and 65° tomorrow. Guess I should finally take off the leaf vac and mower deck while its warm.

Winter is just starting sm00sm00

Got a good coating of ice on everything here from yesterdays freezing rain. Last I heard this morning was a forecast of more ice followed by 5"-10"666..starting around 6:00pm

Here in north Missouri they are calling for 8 inches of snow on top of the freezing rain and ice that we are getting right now. This is our second round of ice in the last 24 hours.

Bet you cats are getting it now! ICE here...goodness did they underestimate the ice, and we're due for more, then the temps is to drop to 20 and hte lake effect to kick in.

quote:Originally posted by BLT

As of this writing, the bulk of storm appears to be south of Wi - IL state line, YIPPEE!! Not that am not ready, but YIPPEE anyway.:Dhttp://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

id="quote">
id="quote">Looking outside and at the regional radar...looks like you might not have been so lucky BoB.Only about 3" on the sidewalks here this morning, and the radar shows south and central Wisconsin covered in dark blue:Owhatchu guys gettin?

Originally posted by SmilinSam
quote:
id="quote">Not as bad as predicted, maybe 3-1/2 - 4". All the TV stations are looking for something something to say since they started broadcasting at 5AM CST. Just waitng for it to get a tad brighter before going out, all my Christmas shopping is done.:D

A little after 8 in the morning here in Oshkosh, we have about 4 inches and snowing nicely, guessing about 6-7 total by the time it is done. Will get out after lunch and clean things up, the coffee and fireplace are feeling too nice to do any of it now. I do love to play in the snow tho, wife and I will build the annual "first snowman" in the front yard later this afternoon.

Got to try out the 23 hp Vanguard that replaced the 27 hp Kohler in my Prestige

We had2 foot snowplow banks. Cleared mine and 7 neighbors

Lots of smiling faces and thank yous

It gets into the governor sooner

But seems to hold its own will take what ever the 4 wheel drive can feed it

Uses less fuel Think Kohler had a better exhaust sound

Maybe because it did not use governor as much

No snow here. Rain yesterday which turned into a bit of ice overnight. Power out from 11:30PM til 3:00AM. Ice melting at 9:00 this morning and all gone by 1:30. Only snow left is a bit from the drifting last Sunday. Glad I live in the "banana belt" of southern Ont. They had a lot more ice to the north and east of me. BIL in Toronto says he has tree branches down on his street. Told him to keep it there!!!.....Dave

I've been moving the stuff nearly everyday for quite sometime now and am sick of it. Also running low on space to put it. Gotta get a blower attachment soon, or move to Florida. I'm opting towards the latter.

Originally posted by BLT
quote:
id="quote">Not as bad as predicted, maybe 3-1/2 - 4". All the TV stations are looking for something something to say since they started broadcasting at 5AM CST. Just waitng for it to get a tad brighter before going out, all my Christmas shopping is done.:D
id="quote">id="quote">Missed that guess by a country mile. After I got with tractor, there was more then realized, tractor got a good work out. ATV tires are doing a fine job in my camp.

Snowwinter12 22 13 c.jpg