Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

So What Did We Get For Christmas This Year???

GLPointon

I'll start off with my one main gift...I got financial approval to build my new Barn/Workshop. Hope to start at first thaw

...and some socks :D

3" of fresh snow to move from my driveway....and socks!sm00 I would rather have plans for a workshop!!!C...and maybe some of TMGs toe warmer solution LISTED BELOW! ;)

My folks gave me a gas setup for my mig welder. I was kinda suprised by that one. No socks here...received whiskey to keep my toes warm instead.

My 3 boys (13 thru 17) all got tee shirts from their grandmother that read:

"Let's eat Grandma

Let's eat, Grandma

Commas save lives"

I got typical Dad stuff and cash + Sears gift card that will go towards specialty B&S engine repair tools. Any suggestions? Merry X-mas, Dave

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

I'll start off with my one main gift...I got financial approval to build my new Barn/Workshop. Hope to start at first thaw...and some socks :D

id="quote">
id="quote">My dad and I got approval to build our new shop too!!! Can't wait, ill finally have a building solely for working on farm equipment and my projects. All heated floor and insulated too!

I had a great Christmas! First, a NOS electric lift kit for the Allis T816, and then a 30 inch tiller for it, and finally, all the pto hardware for the tractor to run it. Nice gifts!

I also received my salvation and adoption into God's family in July of 1976, best gift ever!

Hope you all have gifts as good as mine, especially the last one!

Merry Christmas!

Steve

Merry Christmas guys!

I got everyone (kids,grandkids, wife) Allis Chalmers shirts, bibs, mugs, mouse pads...all things AC. None of it made it on time...rats.

But it was a great day with bonfires, deep fried turkey and really cold beer! Ready for 2014!

I got the usual clothes and things and a new lap top! But my favorite by far was being able to skype with my daughter who is serving our country in Afghanistan

CarlH told my wife Linda about author Roger Welsch and his humorous books on tractor restoration and life. She picked up on that and gave me these: "Busted Tractors and Rusty Knuckles" and "Love, Sex, and Tractors". Thanks Carl for giving her the cool hints!

$100 bills were swapped. :DSame packaging, no wrong sizes, no returns, can't blame shippers for missing delivery, no last minute I forgot something and all by mutual consent.^

Coyote Pelt hat and mittens for those cold mornings out hunting coyotes.

Also my Mom, she was diagnosed with Duodenal cancer a year ago. She made it thru the Whipple procedure, chemo and radiation and is doing great. So she is my best present ever for Christmas.

Sounds like we had some great times with family and traded some nice gifts.

Thanks to all who contributed and remember the true reason for the season...sm01

ps...Chris thanks to your daughter, and all those serving their country.

Rod if thats really true then next yr your welcome to come over to my place for a big Christmas dinner at least. If you dont mind the long drive. Then out to the shop for a tractor bull sesion sm01

quote:Originally posted by HubbardRA

Nothing! From anyone. Guess I must have been bad. Didn't even get any coal.

id="quote">
id="quote">

My wife got a necklace from the kids.

My 3yo boy got a bunch of construction toys and a firetruck

My 5yo Daughter got a monster Barbie house, was up till 4:30 on the eve finishing it and was so hyped up to see her get it I had a hard time goin to sleep.

The kids got me a toolbox and light bracket for the B, thanks to Chris. Had a wonderful time will our family.

Oh yea Bob, I'll do a gift exchange with you at the meet, I just replaced the color cartrige in the printer.

Dan

I got a new wool/cotton mattress and put up my old rope bed, fun! Two flannel shirts and a recording interface for my Mac. Oh yeah, my buddy delivered two starter-generators that had been stored 30 years, clean! I gave him an American Flyer transformer, a big one. My Daughter made out like a bandit as always.

Hope everyone enjoyed it.

best gift was a worksharp knife sharpener, this is a GREAT tool, should come with lots of band aids though, all my knives get real sharp