Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rich_kildow

Power deflector on a round chute?

rich_kildow

Anybody ever managed to rig up a powered chute deflector on a round chute snow blower attachment? I have my rotation powered from the cab and love it, but there are times I'd really like to mess with the angle without getting out.

BLT
kwt
On 12/28/2013 at 2:02 PM, BLT said:

So are all these pages lost for eternity, or are they accessible somewhere else?

SmilinSam

This is the kit I bought and installed on my Kubota a few years ago. The one I have on my Simplicity blower is like the ones shown by others above.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-KUBOTA-KIOTI-SNOWBLOWER-LINEAR-ACTUATOR-ELECTRIC-CHUTE-CONTROL-KIT-PLANS/391968949418?hash=item5b432b84aa:g:9voAAMXQlgtSuwd4:rk:26:pf:0

kwt
1 hour ago, SmilinSam said:

This is the kit I bought and installed on my Kubota a few years ago. The one I have on my Simplicity blower is like the ones shown by others above.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-KUBOTA-KIOTI-SNOWBLOWER-LINEAR-ACTUATOR-ELECTRIC-CHUTE-CONTROL-KIT-PLANS/391968949418?hash=item5b432b84aa:g:9voAAMXQlgtSuwd4:rk:26:pf:0

This is what I had in mind for my Sovereign. Simple and effective. I've been searching for actuators that aren't slow and will take some weather. The actuator with this kit is obviously not slow. I don't want to spend that much money, but I just might.

I intend to install an $80 winch for rotation. Again, it is simple and effective. I don't know how it will handle the weather though.

SmilinSam

Gotta admire an individual who knows how to use a video camera properly..dOd

The seller on Ebay, if its the same one I bought from, might sell you just the actuator, or what ever parts you want without the whole kit. I know  the seller I bought from also made a deal to sell me a second set of waterproof wires and switch for my electric rotator I already had. that way everything matches in my cab.

Thats the same actuator I have for the flap and it does work pretty speedy. Alot speedier than the steup  outlined above like I use on my simplicity. More reliable too. I paid the money mainly because the kit included all the templates and materials I needed to add it to the blower. A "no brainer" installation. I dont think this guy has anything for Simplicity, but one couldl ask.

Edited by SmilinSam