Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Moving to fast for my own good

davidmoll

Well had a little accident when converting the tractor to a snow thrower Thanksgiving weekend. I was moving the mowing deck to the shed to store for the winter in the dark. I was dragging it and it caught on somethng and I lost the grip on the front mount and dropped on my foot. I was wearing my steel toe boots but the front edge of the deck hit just above the steel toe. I hopped around swearing for awhile but finished converting the tractor. Boy did that ice bag and Jameson feel good when I was done. Won't be moving it in the dark again!:o

quote:That Jameson is a good remedy.id="quote">
id="quote">

I use it often. Strictly for medicinal purposes of course. :o)

I think it was a wise choice after dropping a mower deck on the ol' tootsies.

Good idea. Will borrow from work from now on. I also think I need a low rolling wheeled platform to move my snow thrower attachment around the garage as well. Right now it just sits on two 2x4s which I drag it around on. Foot is all healed now and preparing for the East coast snow storm coming on Thursday.

quote:Originally posted by Mike

I use a 2 wheeler for moving decks

id="quote">
id="quote">

X2 on the hand truck option. It doesn't take much to hit a foot wrong and it only gets worse when the distance is longer. For something like a 48" deck ill make sure to have a second person to go with it. Not so much that it can't be handled as one, but it helps reduce the risks considerably.

Why is it that whatever falls on your foot while wearing steel toe boots, always falls and hits past the steel toe??

Hope all is well and that the medicine bottle is not empty!

What you really need is a hired hand to do this kind of work for you, while you supervise in front of the wide screen, with a Jameson in hand. Now that's the ticket. You would of course have a stock of first aid supplies (and sympathetic words) in case the grunt had to service his own wounds.

I bet there is a cloud of "colorful adjectives" still floating over your yard, leftover from the explosion of obsenity that no doubt occured...:D

fast recovery wished sm01

Wishing a quick and FULL recovery. I dropped one on my foot, NO WAY as bad as the picture, but now I ALWAYS move them with the front plow/blade on another tractor, and then I winch them up onto a post secure with chains with hooks to save space and easy clean up.