Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite / Allis Chalmers Snowthrower mule drive

hamman01

Would someone have a picture of the mule drive for the snowblower for a 70s Homelite T-16 H or Allis Chalmers? I have found a mule drive that came with a T-16H donor tractor and it doesn't look like a mower deck drive. Thanks. Roger.

Roger, mt T16 doesnt use a mule drive like the deck does. The blower hitch is a 2 pulley type that pins to the axle and the belt behaves like that on an fdt blower setup, but with the electric clutch vs a manual engagement.

Here's some pics of an A/C Homelite snow blower mule drive:

homeblow_Hitch.JPG

Sams_Hitch.jpg

At least one of the pics are from SmilinSam. I also reversed the stock mower mule drive and made it work on my T-12. The details can be found in this post:http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24447PS - I believe the A/C 300/400 snow blower hitches are a totally different from the A/C Homelites. PPS - I'm also not sure if the above hitch would work on the newer A/C Homelites that have a different front axle.

homeblow_Hitch.JPG.9058a33703a6646fbe24f05b80eb7e74.JPG

Sams_Hitch.jpg.23ff80a7080dd276d8525145054148e2.jpg

Roger,Sorry, but I don't have a better picture of my mule drive, off the tractor. This is a 1974 T-10 which is the last year for the A/C built Homies. It is different from the early A/C built units. It can be seen in this picture, mounted on the front. It has the white decal on the right side. I have not used the mule drive, and believe that it is used for both mower deck and snow blower. The electric clutch is the only PTO on that tractor.

FinishedRSrs.jpg

FinishedRSrs.jpg.886362c488777d45f16965c1e35478dd.jpg

Thanks guys. I believe the one PHanDad posted is what I found. It came with a tractor I picked up in Mo.. Now I just need to find a blower to fit. Thanks aagain. Roger.

Hmmm...I guess I mistook that mule for the blower hitch. Mine is fixed to the blower, but looks like that posted above. I'm actually in the process of repairing it...the mount for the large pulley snapped off while blowing the other day.

Talented, can you take a picture of the blower and where it hooks up to the tractor frame? I have a line on a Simplicity blower but I don't know what the blower, where it hooks up to the tractor, looks like. I thought there was a long frame with mule drive for the Homelite. Thanks in advance. If not I understand. Roger.

Maybe SimilinSam will post some pics of the stock Homelite snowblower setup he once had. However, I believe any Simplicity snow blower head will work, but it's better to have one made for an RBT. I've posted below a few pics from the referenced link since I believe you have to be a paying member to see it. They show where the mule is installed (further back than the mower mule since the belt comes out toward the front rather than back as with the mower deck) and how the snowblower head mounts to the tractor frame rails. Remember, this is an early A/C Homelite, not the newer one pictured above by JimDk.

HomeSnow_0023.jpg

HomeSnow_0016.jpg

HomeSnow_0019.jpg

Also, in the above pics, the "snow blower" mule drive is actually the "mower" mule drive mounted backwards, not the correct snow blower mule drive pictured above.

HomeSnow_0023.jpg.43f5a600bb10fa5ee4ad75ff9363666a.jpg

HomeSnow_0016.jpg.f47d7dc4fde802422a04aab52b49cf29.jpg

HomeSnow_0019.jpg.53ce40745c04e5b77001966b8d7315e7.jpg

Thanks Bill. I believe the snowthrower I am looking at is one that will work for me on the Homelite. I just need to get back over to look at it and compare the pictures. I may have to double check the mule drive I have to see if it is the correct one. I have been looking for one since I got the tractor after my dad passed. I may have to manufacture a lift rod for it if It is the right one. I don't think the one from my dozer blade wil work. Thanks again. Roger.

Yeah, mine is very different that what is posted...I have a late A/C Homelite. M mule is similar, but longer, and bolts to the blower head. The blower extends much further out front of the tractor.

I just wrapped up my repair, and will grab a picture. I think the blower head would work with either the early or late style A/C Homelite, given the correct mule/hitch.

UH.....my mule drive is not like that. It pins to the tractor and then the attachment attaches to the front tabs on the tractor. Don't think I have a blower mule drive. I am saving all the pics to a file for referance later. Once I see the blower again I will see waht I need . Thanks. Roger.

Yeah, you have an early AC Homie...mine is a late, and front attachments mount differently. My mule acts as a hitch as well, and mounts to the axle.

Josh,Thanks for posting pics of your Homelite snowblower setup. Never saw one like it before. I do have an electronic copy of the Homelite Snow Blower Operator and Parts Manual. Based on the illustrations in the manual, it's for the older A/C Homies, such as my T-12. Here's the hitch install illustration:

SnowBlowerHitchManuala.JPG

If anyone wants a copy of the manual, send me your email addie, the file is to big to send via the site.

SnowBlowerHitchManuala.JPG.f66f23ba0b8ebea8cd3c1876f1c89908.JPG