Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where's our snow???

lboy1971

I just got my homemade snowthrower hitch for my 7116 or 7117 tractors built and 42" snowthrower mounted and only need snow to try it on. Normally we should've had a month of snow but still nothing. Of course the way my welding is the whole thing will probably fall apart when I hit my first snowdrift. My homemade snowthrower hitch is pretty close to what the originals look like. Hopefully it'll work.

Lloyd, I think you need to move farther north. Sounds like they're getting dumped on up there. Throw her on a trailer like the snowmobilers do! Paul

Hey, I'm up north. My B110 with blower has been ready for almost two months but I'm not complaining. Actually it's raining right now. Tenp went up to 35. I sure hope it doesn't turn to snow.

Don't know about the rest of you , but I' quite content to wait and let the snow come to me. Rain and mud is all we've had for a week. I'd rather have the ground freeze good before snow hits it or it'll be mud all winter.

I dont mind if it snows, I just don't want it to freeze too hard. I need to get a foundation in yet next week. It has not yet been excavated and we've been waiting on the architect. Typical. Looks like we'll be putting some calcium cloride in that mix! Paul

About 2 weeks ago It snowed on a saturnight, we got 2-3 inches I woke up early before it melted away so that I could plow, The only stuff plowable was the slush that the county truck pushed to the side of the road. My neighbors were staring at me through the blinds, guess they were jealus of the mighty B-210 :) Last winter it earned its keep plowing snow. This WINTER it's still earning its keep... cutting the GRASS, and being a lawn orniment (it's prettier then the pink flamingos I've seen in other yards). John