Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Neat Freak..."cleaning" the drive

Talntedmrgreen

No sense suffering through winter without making some of it fun. I may be "simple"-minded, but I like seat time and the Sweepster flat out rocks for mild to moderate snows. Today's snow was about 3.5" of that real dense sugar-sand snow. It was 10 degrees...the HB-112 fired right up and the broom ate it up pretty well. The results are always great...it cleans right down to nothing and chews through the hard pack nicely. For a clean drive, it's the way to go. For my wide drive, the windrow action of the broom limits me to probably 4-5" of snow....with just this 3.5", it ends up a foot deep by the time I make my last passes.

It works great, but it's limit is about 10", and that deep, it's working hard, and the next pass would be too heavy to move. If wet and sticky, it's only good for maybe half that.

It does a great job scrubbing snow and ice when hard-packed. I was able to get probably 80% of my nasty driveway ice last Saturday when we had a 40 degree day. That crap was better than a 1/4" thick, in the 'good' spots.

Thanks Josh! Now I need a third tractor and a sweeper to clean the ice and snow off my driveway.

Are you trying to get me in trouble with SWMBO?

Looks Great!

Rick......

I can't wait to try mine.

It would be interesting to know how well the brushes wear.

How much does it run to replace the brushes and do you get them right from Sweepster?

Nice rig and job well done. You operate it smoothy. Afraid it would my much loved snow pack, then I'd be throwing rocks.

$200 is the rock-bottom price I've found...that is shipped to your door on a pallet though. I have almost a year on my brushes, and I can see where the tips of the bristles are worn, but they still measure just a fuzz shy of 24". I have used it all seasons so far. I actually used it a LOT this year. I swept all the nails and small shingle pieces from my lawn and drive after putting a roof on the house, and then swept the remains of 10 yards of gravel I had delivered on the driveway as well. Sweeping is fun, but sweeping compacted gravel is a dusty mess. Beat the heck out of scraping it up with a shovel though. I couldn't scrape it with the loader...wouldn't do it.

I'm considering extensive use (use it probably 4-8 times per week in winter) a big success. I bet there's still 98" of the bristles left.

I buy my brushes direct from a manufacturer...I can share the contact info. Many companies provide them. They are super easy to source but I price shopped hard.

Is it weird for me to be excited to go pick up a sweepster tomorrow, even though no hitch..yetsm00

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

Is it weird for me to be excited to go pick up a sweepster tomorrow, even though no hitch..yetsm00

id="quote">
id="quote">No....you could put a hand-crank on one of these and have a ball.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RedbarnRick
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts