Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
s_stephen

A surprise in the engine

s_stephen

I started tearing down the engine for my hb-112 today. First I removed the starter generator and air cleaner. I then removed the fly wheel screen and starter pully to be able to remove the shroud. As I was removing the shroud amoung the soy beans there was the remains of a two foot long snake. I have seen some unusual things but never a snake behind the engine shroud. Has anyone else seen this before?

gwiseman
quote:Originally posted by B10Dave

:D:D Bet there were no mice left!!!:o:O....Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">And I bet that's exactly what attracted him into there. Nope, never heard it called a snake house.

s_stephen

the head was still there I found it when I was cleaning the mess off the bench didnt pay attention for the rest of the parts other than the skins all over amung the beans

GrincheyOne

I have seen them sliding in/out, when I would remove the tarp from the 2110. After I pulled the engine, and it sat under a plastic bag, I had a 4 foot black snake check out the engine under the bag! YUCK!

W

fishnwiz

I think I need to get a few of these larger snakes for my storage areas.:D Unfortunately, I don't have many snakes in my area other than a few small Gardner's from time to time.

Sign in to follow this