Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow and cold in Indiana new pics 1-7

ngale65

Well yesterday is snowed ALL day. we got about 12 inches. i spent about 5 hours on the old simplicity yesterday. Got my drive and 4 neighbors done. thought i was on top of it. then last night it got crazy windy and everything drifted back over. Now its -15 degrees actual temp. took the simplicity back out. she didn't care for that any. she got the job done, but at the end the hydro lift was not wanting to work. to darn cold. so now back in the heated garage to thaw out. When my daughter and I went to my moms to get her cleared out her neighbors built the biggest snowman i have ever seen. also no roads were plowed. and today they closed work so snow day. :D but at -15 I'm staying in the house. gonna go down, make some popcorn and watch a movie with my little one. on a side not i need a cab for my simplicity. that blowing snow sucks.

photo 1-35.jpg

photo 1-36.jpg

photo 2-34.jpg

photo 3-24.jpg

photo 4-19.jpg

photo 5-10.jpg

photo 3-25.jpg

South Bend IN.The last few days, it's -5 at this time.

sno1.JPG

sno2.JPG

My 2110 handled it all. It's showing it's age, it protest's a little, but it hasn't let me down.

sno4.JPG.d0b92db457eeb7fef02351b230521288.JPG

ken, you need to sell me that yellow blower for my HB212 and get an orange one. :D

and how bad is that blower on a manual lift? thought about hooking mine to my rh lift since the hydro lift didn't care for the sub zero after about 15 min. but then i thought, why the heck am i out here in -15

ill tell you guys what, as I've been doing my neighbors driveways I've been extra cautious watching for newspapers. That post a few weeks back has me paranoid.

Cold weather hit on these hydros, Make sure you run it up and down several times every 3-4 min., helps a LOT. If I run from the shop door out to the road, about 350 feet, blowing first pass which is slower the hydro is very stiff at the road, pretty much anytime it's below zero. I very seldom go out colder then -20. Being retired I just don't have to.:)

I couldn't sell the blower, until I find an orange one. Probably pricey this time of year! That blower came with a B210 I picked up years ago.Not bad with the manual lift, it only lifts about 4-5". I used to have a counterweight on the rear lift, that blower was a breeze to lift then!

sno5.JPG

But when I relocated the battery, the counterweight would hit.

I hadn't thought about the cold hydrolift due to inactivity when blowing...I'm always dozing, so the lift gets used a lot, and gets nice a fluid after the first pass or two.

I can't see over my snowbanks anymore.

Yeah, it almost threw a shoe, so to speak!

Those chains are about 20 years old, and about worn out. Next year, a new set.

quote:Originally posted by MPH

Josh, how do you get the snow pushed up that high? Your snow pack hard enough to drive up?

id="quote">
id="quote">Been using the loader...started by using it to push them back, then to push up and over...now, just UP! I have been moving a lot of it down the drive, and across the street.

20140106_203408.jpg

20140106_203436.jpg

20140105_182733.jpg