Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
damon91

right hub/differential

damon91

I am in the process of putting my 2010 landlord back together. I got the axle and differential back together ok but when I went to put the right hub back on the rubber ring that seals between the hub and differential expanded form the oil and would no longer fit. I ordered a new rubber ring and the new one is smaller than the old one but still seems too big. I was under ite impression that the ring goes between the gear side of the hub and the inside of the differential housing. The new ring is bigger than the hole in the diff housing. I would appreciate any input, the parts diagrams dont show anything specific on this.

Thanks

donmoore1904

I only did this job once, but I seem to recall a loose fit of the rubber ring at that same location. My memory is I concluded that it was acted as a debris seal and wasn't a critical fit.

I am *certain* someone with more experience and who knows what they are doing will chime in.

HubbardRA

My Simplicity 700 had one of those rings on it. It also appeared to be too large. I figured it was just there to keep dirt from getting down in the joint between the diff and the hub.

HubbardRA

My Simplicity 700 had one of those rings on it. It also appeared to be too large. I figured it was just there to keep dirt from getting down in the joint between the diff and the hub.