Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Newbie...Simplicity Sovereign 1971 carbi linkage

Vinesy

Hi everyone new here. Great site by the way! I'm currently restoring what I believe to be a 71 Simplicity Sovereign 3314. Great piece of machinery that I'm having a bit of fun with. I'm in Melbourne Australia so parts have been awkward. However most bits were with it.

Engine was clapped out so I bored it out to fit a Holden car piston bore size 3.563". Got it all together and wired up. Flipped the key and she is running. Now for my problem. Its running just with me operating the carby butterfly. I have a few carby linkages but no idea of how the link up with the governor, carby , choke etc. I had a look at the manual on this sit but it seems to have everything else except carby info. Any help appreciated to get this baby running. pics of other members Sovereign 3314 carby set-ups greatly appreciated. I'II put some pics up in the coming days. This baby has had a full restoration and it cant wait to be purring like a kitten. Thanks all!

Just read the post in regard to pics and membership. Living in Aus there isn't much help out there, this site seems to be a bag of knowledge so membership for me wont be drama.

Welcome to the site mate.Would love to stop over and put down a few Fosters ( I am buying) and cut some grass after you get your linkage issue solved. This -17 degrees below zero has me looking for a little fun in a bit warmer climate!

Again, welcome to the club!dOd

I made the linkage hookups for two of my tractors. My own designs, do not look anything like the factory linkage, but they work fine.

Thanks guys, had a busy day so haven't had time on the project, Weekend is not far away. Fishnwiz -17 sound wayyy to cold. Ive got 30+ degree days forecast, so sure Ill put some cans on ice for when I get the baby running!! Hubbard I might have to make some linkage, I don't think I have all the bits...lol Not to worry, witht the help already obtained I'm thinking its all happy days!

quote:Originally posted by Vinesy

Thanks guys, had a busy day so haven't had time on the project, Weekend is not far away. Fishnwiz -17 sound wayyy to cold. Ive got 30+ degree days forecast, so sure Ill put some cans on ice for when I get the baby running!! Hubbard I might have to make some linkage, I don't think I have all the bits...lol Not to worry, witht the help already obtained I'm thinking its all happy days!

id="quote">
id="quote">9*F here this AM. If 30*C, that sounds inviting. 30*F, not so much.^ Dave

Originally posted by dhoadley
quote:
id="quote">Yeah Dave, They read in Celsius down there. 30C is in the mid 80s.The v8 Supercar season should be in full swing down there as well.And if I'm not mistaken, a fitter is an auto mechanic?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry been awhile but its been damn hot here, temps around 43 degrees C. So I haven't been keen to work on the baby in that heat. Around 109 for you blokes I think. Anyway thought id give an update. I managed to make some linkages with coat hangers, brilliant idea!! Its firing up and idling. So Im happy. Its running a bit rough and seems a tad rich. I think I have to adjust the governor lever a bit and reduce some fuel to the carby. But thanx to all I'm making progress. And yes a fitter is a type of mechanic just more related to machinery and repairs like breakdowns etc. The V8 season hasn't started yet but I cant wait!!!