Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SethL007

powermax or allis large frame snowblower question?

SethL007

ok guys i am curious how well the single stage snowblowers work on the simplicity powermax tractors or the allis equivilents? i have a wheel horse d-200 with a beautiful cab that i like to use for snowblowing, problem is wheel horse single stage snowblower truly "BLOW" in my opinion. i hate that thing. i dug my allis blower out over the weekend and put it on my hb-212 and was again remined how well they blow and how poor the wheel horse is!! so i have been thinking about finding a snowblower for a powermax and adapting it to fit the wheel horse. any thoughts???

phillobbezoo

I bought one 2 or 3 years ago for my 9020, and couldn't wait to use it the next winter I put it on and made one pass and parked in the barn and haven't used it since. Now I should say I have a gravel drive, and it was wet heavy snow but the chute keep clogging up and I was very annoyed with and that is the reason mine is sitting in the barn hasn't moved since. I think a lot of it depends on the type of snow but that's just my opinion. Good luck maybe some one else has has better luck then me.

PeppyDan

I have one and agree that it depends on the type of snow and that monster would devour a lot of fluffy snow but my biggest problem was getting the belt to hold well enough to really feed the snow to it to the point where I could get my strong running 19.5 Onan to talk a little! I haven't put mine on in a few years because I have a 25hp Sunstar with a cab and a 46" two stage blower. Come to think of it, now I have a powermax with a 24hp Honda and a cab for the powermax so maybe I will need to try things out again:O;)

Dan

macallis180

Josh:

How deep of snow does your sweepster work on? Does it still work as good as shown in your video if snow is the heavy wet type? I have an AC 620 that I snow plow with the blade, but a sweepster may save some of my early scalping on our uneven lawn area.

AcFordHawk

Use mine on a 400' drive and works great until the heavier, wet snow as mentioned. Chute will plug up and have tried a couple things - WD40, Teflon spray, Graphite, etc. - with varying degrees of improvement. Seems to do better with more than 2" of snow when you can feed and move volume.