Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Diesels Rule!

mikeman

urock.gif

Oh man! That 920 is lookin good these days! Is that the cab you brought home with the shot out windows? Got her fixed!? That's great! Glad it's working out for you!

Yes same rusty cab with no back glass.(replaced now)

Monday had it grunting good in the 2 and a half foot of snow from the plow truck black smoke and all.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Sweeeet!!dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">The first photo is a classic pic! A comfortable amount of seat time w/ the cab.Wayne

Originally posted by GrincheyOne
quote:
id="quote">I second Wayne. First pic is awesome!!!dOd I'd make that my primary picture.:D

I loaded the blower in Monday's 3 ft drifts and (plowed snow in the end of driveway) enough to bog the engine right down, where I had to stop and let it catch up. yee haw!!! Cab is nice especially with the wind and cold we had on Monday. Burrrr.

You would be surprised what a CH20 Command can do. I have had both the diesel and still have the CH20. The CH20 has the same power with a little more torque.

I haven't been able to pull down the 7790 yet...I gave it a good try this fall running a deck and PECO vac...the belts would slip before the diesel would pull down, so I had to quit monkeying around and let things catch up. I'd love to try blowing snow with it, but don't want a blower to store.

My Briggs 16 will pull down if I run the 42" into a snowbank, but only pulls down so far before I begin to see the snow from the chute peter out, which I assume means a slipping belt.

I would be neat to test how much of a load the various engines will take, using a direct drive on a blower. I can pull down the CH25 in the Legacy, running a 4' rotary mower off the 540. That engine, in that platform, seems lite to me. I think the hydro system takes quite a bit of the Command out of that tractor....when accellerating hard, it gets into the governor noticably. Flipping on a loaded front or rear PTO does also.

On my cab I went to napa and got a larger wiper for the windshield, I think the factory is 12 inchs and I bumped it to 16 inchs if I remember right. My wiper was shot anyway but it sure made a big difference. I also had one of those small 12 volt heaters. I just wired a momentary switch so it would blow heat while you held the button. I can tell you in a small cab it heats up fast! Never did get to insulate or the radio but oh well. Dome lites were really nice too!

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

On my cab I went to napa and got a larger wiper for the windshield, I think the factory is 12 inchs and I bumped it to 16 inchs if I remember right. My wiper was shot anyway but it sure made a big difference. I also had one of those small 12 volt heaters. I just wired a momentary switch so it would blow heat while you held the button. I can tell you in a small cab it heats up fast! Never did get to insulate or the radio but oh well. Dome lites were really nice too!

id="quote">
id="quote">Mike...is it my imagination, or didn't your cab get stolen?

If the command has the power of the diesel I will take one. I can't believe blower set up: long belt on mid pto, no belt slip, no cone clutch slip, really works the diesel. The wiper needs some work for sure I will try a longer blade. Heater would have been nice(or hold my breath) fogged and frosted windows. Tried a fan blowing on windshield didn't help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• RenegadeJ
    • littlemarv
    • BLT
    • gwiseman
    • Bill725
    • Chris727
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts