Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

how to attach #692040 blower hitch to 4212LTG

GrincheyOne

I, thanks to Nick Baker, acquired a blower hitch #1692040, suitable to mount to a vertical shaft PTO. Although I went through the Operations Manual from Simplicity, I could not get a clear understanding of how to mount. The manual was very specific for a prestege, or the newer Landlord tractors. This is what I have to work with.

Dscn0747.jpg

I know from viewing YouTube videos by "W1WEASEL" (Keith) it is possible. Any good ideas out there?Thanks,Wayne

Dscn0747.jpg.d1b0afdf02bb9d325001daa61abbb5d5.jpg

Place it under the tractor

Right hand side of picture to the front of tractor

The belt on left side of picture hoe forward to motor pulley

As for actual attachment to tractor it should be simple

Usually just 4 pins hold it into place

Thats not the right hitch. That is for electric lift on a landlord. 1692041 is manual or hydro lift, 1693526 is the manual lift hitch for the regent. It would be easier to find the right hitch by far...

Thanks guys! MY BAD! Spent this afternoon going "GOOGLE eyed", and come up with hitch # 1690556. There appears to be a fixed (immovable flat mounting bar in front of the movable idler bracket.

I guess I'll have to wait for the thaw in the near future to do a "dry fit" of what I have, else put my time/effort (and ambition) into rewiring the '69 2110 ("PO-Princess"). At least I know the blower for that one has the proper hitch.

Have a rainy weekend coming up, but Monday has some promise as the temp is supposed to go up to 52*!^ and I can finish the drive train work on the 4212G.dOd

Thanks agin,

Wayne

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

Thats not the right hitch. That is for electric lift on a landlord. 1692041 is manual or hydro lift, 1693526 is the manual lift hitch for the regent. It would be easier to find the right hitch by far...

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks for the PM Mike! That did send me back to Googling, and finding a decent reference for 4000-6000 accessories. From there I believe the correct hitch is the 1690556.The original Owners manual, even from the '90 4212G did not call out the appropriate # for the blower, and the associated hitch. I did find this IPL on the Simplicity manuals page...http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8apHYrE6Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdfand this contains everything for the series 4000-6000. expect ash tray, and beer holder! Hitch #1690556 is the most prevalent!Cheers!Wayne