Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

The "Bad" Sundstrand Updated Pics

Brettw

Posted in talking tractors, so I guess I should post it here too. All up and running fine, it's amazing what a few quarts of Dextron will do.

013.JPG

018.JPG

017.JPG

015.JPG

Well, I finally was able to clean 'er up, put new shoes on all the way around, 26-12-12's in the rear, filters and fluids, tune up, etc. Runs and drives like a champ. The Command seems to be a very strong, smooth running engine. Never had one before, I like it.

rek rm command 004.JPG

rek rm command 005.JPG

rek rm command 007.JPG

rek rm command 008.JPG

013.JPG.1ef750a06bebe259e59cccf1a08b7190.JPG

018.JPG.7ece533d719466760d86ea2396fca217.JPG

017.JPG.35d52c5e1601a8dae16b3aaa6db9b857.JPG

015.JPG.943d72a32f86b14e6b97cb843eff903f.JPG

57e0590fe1f5f_rekrmcommand004.JPG.31bcbf499bf4c2e096288c42ad52c6c5.JPG

57e0590ff16f0_rekrmcommand005.JPG.5194343e636b48fb7c75438ee3a0476c.JPG

57e059100efcf_rekrmcommand007.JPG.a8c516be378cae4e25e00db4c187d54a.JPG

57e059101db33_rekrmcommand008.JPG.39bcbc0b035d3e7358dbece3071a47e8.JPG

The Command seems to be strong and smooth. Fist time I have had one or heard one run, and it does sound sweet.

quote:So, what are you going to do with this one?id="quote">
id="quote">

Now that is a good question, Ryan. I now have my daily worker, the restored 7119 with the new Magnum 18 repower in it. That engine has only 140 some hours on it since I put it in 4 years ago. That tractor is all set up for the cab and blower too.

Then I have the power steering Sovereign that I have gone through, and that has the brand new M20 in it. I don't think I have 2 hours on that engine yet.

And now this one. I definitely don't need three tractors, and I also have a 7117 with a smoked engine coming from Gary, and the 710 Six speed I want to restore. I want two workers and I think this Command tractor is pretty clean. So, I may decide to keep it and sell the Power Steering Sovereign with the new engine? That tractor will bring the most bux obviously. I haven't had the time or the weather to really try out the Command yet and put it through it's paces.

Right now I have the Command listed on Craig's, but we shall see. Spring is right around the corner! dOdsm04

Brett, I wish you luck on selling it! I just wish I could sell the 910, in knowing that all of us want to get these tractors dirt cheap and we have had days that we did. But, I might have some sight in selling two of my tractors, the Deutz Allis 912(that I just picked up), or the Agco Allis 1614. I recently had a late Allis 712 in the garage for a BGB repair and guy's friend is looking of one. So, he took pictures of both tractors to show his friend, and now the waiting begins to see which on will be sold.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Ryan, it sold. Kinda sad to see it go, but along with the sale I am taking a 712 Shuttle with deck and blower in trade. Engine needs to be rebuilt, it was using too much oil. But otherwise, the "price" was right.8D Wish I would have taken more time with this one, I really liked the command. The blower is smooth as silk too, and I was going to swap it out with mine, but I had a buyer too fast! }:):D

Well, I guess you win some and lose some. It must have been a good deal to get the Allis 712 with 2 attachments! Should have swap it out when you had the time, sometimes you get those fast buyers and sometime not. There has been times when I said shoulda coulda woulda. But, overall I am happy for you! I would like to see some pics of the 712 when you get a chance. Maybe paint this one too?

Brett, you never lose when you make money on the deal. With patience, another will come along. Its not like the m20 is a slouch!:D I would keep the ps sovereign.

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

Well, Ryan, it sold. Kinda sad to see it go, but along with the sale I am taking a 712 Shuttle with deck and blower in trade. Engine needs to be rebuilt, it was using too much oil. But otherwise, the "price" was right.8D Wish I would have taken more time with this one, I really liked the command. The blower is smooth as silk too, and I was going to swap it out with mine, but I had a buyer too fast! }:):D

id="quote">
id="quote">Does that mean you won't be borrowing my hand tach?wahwah

quote:Does that mean you won't be borrowing my hand tach?id="quote">
id="quote">

Fear not, Bob. I will be needing your assistance this spring to both set the governor on the new M20 and to demolish a few Barley Pops. Your tach will be put to good use!8D

quote:Me thinks you need a third set of eyes to help out. id="quote">
id="quote">

More, is generally always better.^

Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
id="quote">Kind'a like why it takes three to screw in a light bulb, one to hold the bulb and two to turn the ladder. There is some irony in that.:D