Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

York Rake

acken

yk849.JPG

yk850.JPG

Thanks to Josh for sending me this York earlier. A little sandblasting, and paint got me to this point. I did use it a little before tearing it down, I am sold for life after using it.Paint might be a little darker that I wanted, but still happy.

yk849.JPG.2df19eb32cd205f636286e1aea3547c3.JPG

yk850.JPG.9a7f7456deb239e74004bba0efaa94c1.JPG

Looks great Ken! They do work extremely well. Very suitable for a GT. There are a handful of these old attachments that are very effective, and that is one of them. I had great luck using it behind my little CT-10...you can really move a lot of material with it! They are deceivingly heavy! It's no wonder the company is still around.

quote:Originally posted by Steve72

Would this be a good atachment for cleaning sticks/small branches or leaves from a yard? And not tear up the grass?

id="quote">
id="quote">No...unless you could spring-load the depth adjustment some way. It will peel up turf quite easily.

Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
quote:
id="quote">Are they that heavy? I use the 3 point one on my Sunstar to rake sticks and walnuts without ripping up the turf..

Sam, it peeled my turf pretty easily. Managing pressure on the fly is all but impossible. I raked leaves/sticks/brush in my woodlot, cleaning a couple areas before bringin in gravel. I used both the York, and the 5' landscape rake on the Legacy 3pt. I found both worked extremely well, but for trying to move the leaves without turning the soft soil beneath them, I could only do that with the Legacy because of the hydrolift control.

The York does have a lift height lock-out setting, and if there were gauge wheels for the rake, or some sort of hydro or spring assistance, it would work great.

The thing rocks for moving and grooming earth. It loosens hardpack quickly, and moves loose material with ease. I even had great luck when using it with small frame tractors.

Josh, a hydro cyl set up like a farm sized tandem disk is what I envision on there.

For raking the lawn I'm still dreaming of finding a hay dump rake. Sears had one back in the 60's.