Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

got a 7117

RichB

I recently aquired a 7117, I know nothing about it. I am a new forum member. I have been lurking on this site on and off for several years. I am an Allis Chalmers enthusiast and have three tractors, a WD, a D17 series 3 and a 180 with a loader. I am also a member of the Unofficial Allis web site. As I mentioned above I know nothing about this 7117 but I have downloaded a Operators manual and a Parts Manual. I will be asking a lot of questions. From what I have seen this site has an excellent bunch of people to talk to. Thank you for the help that I am going to get.(hopefully)

Richid="size6">

Welcome Rich! The 7117 is an excellent...EXCELLENT, garden tractor. You'll really like that. d:)

I noticed you ponied up the $10 for a membership here...thanks, and enjoy! You will get that $$ back in no time. Good group of guys here ready to help, and you already arrived with some well respected pedigree with those AC's! dOd

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'll try to figure out how to post a picture of it. I know there are instructions on this site, I'll work it out.

I *wish* I had a 7117! My little 7010 gets the job done, but I'd like a larger unit. Welcome, and good luck with it. The people here are fantastic and have given me invaluable advice and documentation. If you have been lurking here, you know what to expect. If they are still helping me, you should have no problem finding what you need :D

Welcome to the club and thanks for joining the madness after lurking for so long!

The 7117 is a sweet machine that I am sure you will come to enjoy almost as much as your full size toys which we ALL are waiting to see some pics of.OO

Looking forward to hearing a few stories to go long with your pics on how you came by your finds.

Welcome to club.

it is a two way street as to gathering information

seeing you have the full size Allis tractors

I would like to know when they had Live Pto power

I am familiar with the hand operated units

but when did they switch to "normal " ?

thanks guys for the welcomes, I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture. I know I have to downsize it to under 100kb. I have tried several converter programs but not getting what I want.

Ronald, The newest AC tractor I have is a late 1978 180. It has the power director also. It is almost like live power I guess. I have never owned a tractor with (live power)

Thanks, Rich

Rich, do a Google search for PIXresizer. It's a very simple picture resizer that works well.

Also if you take your pics in a 480x600 format they post up fine without taking up much server space. I post my pics up onto a photobucket account and link them to the forums I frequent.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the club, after awhile the pics get easier. I asked Ray (club pres) one time for help with removing an axle. So he decided to remove one and photograph the process. Now removing an axle is not for the feint of heart, but Ray made it look easy. Back on point, Ray said "it was harder and took longer to post the pictures." :D

quote:Originally posted by Mike

be careful mowing on hills and inclines, the 17 is notorious for oil issues, otherwise awsome unit

id="quote">
id="quote">This is good to know. My entire property is on a slope. Just one of the many things you learn at this site.

Originally posted by donmoore1904
quote:
id="quote">Inside the operators manual, safe operting angles are mentioned. Most people don't even know it's there.;)

When I bought a new tractor (one of those green ones) I was surprised to see a metrics quote in the operators manual that said over 90% of all garden tractor accidents occurred to men 60 years old. I would have thought the opposite, since I made 60 without killing or seriously injuring myself, and even read the operators manual. Maybe I better go back to those reckless 50s. :D

My 7117 has a hitch on the back but it doesn't seem movable. I thought it had some kind of lift like a three point hitch. Did some come with out a liftable hitch? How would you hook a tiller to it.

(I got all kinds of questions)

Also, how do you hook a snow blower on it. the front shaft has no pulley or anything just bare. Does the blower atachment come with a pulley.