Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belt Stops

shovelhead

Needing a set of belt stops for the drive pulley on my B-10. Trying to get my snow blower rigged up for the first time. Bought a pulley and now need stops. They look like they would be easy to make and thought I had seen a post on here on how to but couldn't find anything. Anybody got any extras I'm in the need.

Thanks 8D

They're easy to make by bending some rod. You can tack some washers on the end if you don't wanna bend the loops for the bolt to go through.

I thought I had some lying around, but can't find them. I'll PM you if they turn up.

I had two signs in my front yard during the last election. The rod that they used for the signs was about 1/8 inch diameter, so I kept the two u-shaped wires. It makes perfect belt stops. A little heat and about two minutes to make one.

Steve

They used 1/8, and 3/16" rods for belt stops. Just depends on where the stops are located, and their application.

One of the belt stops for the rear drive pulley on the small frame FDT is 1/8" rod.