Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Sunstar 42 blower on early legacy ?

SmilinSam

I may be able to trade some tools I don't want anymore for a 42" blower for a Sunstar. Can the blower be fit up to my 98 Leagcy with relatively easy mods?

I already have a 60" blade for the legacy wich gives me a complete subframe...

Talntedmrgreen

yup...it's very simple. I recently picked up a 'Legacy' single stage with ladder frame. It was actually the SS blower, used on a Legacy. The guy didn't mod anything about the blower hitch, but added the ladder frame and lift linkage assembly.

Chris is using it now on his SS, and I hung onto the ladder frame as a spare.

huffy

Sam:

Punch in 1686717 on the Simplicity manual site and you'll find the manual for the "adapter kit" they sold so that SS blowers could be used on early Legacy's. There's a couple small parts you need other than the ladder assembly. I've got them, though I promised them back to Josh. If you don't already have them on your current set up, you might be able to talk Josh out of them, or get measurements from him to make them. They're nothing too complex.

joelk

Sam,

Nothing to add on the blower, just wanted to say that Sunstar/AC 1914 is really nice, I like the way you dressed it out. I am curious if you had a chance to use the box blade and how it performed.

SmilinSam

Thanks guys, and thanks for the compliment on the 1914.

This might be a wash as I have not heard back from the guy with the blower.

As to the box blade, It works good in dirt, but I wish I would have made it with a couple more rippers. In the gravel drive, its not too bad, but the outfit is not really heavy enough for compacted gravel.