Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
donmoore1904

Carpet head proves itself reliable

donmoore1904

I finally got a chance to try out an old rubber-backed carpet square as a snow shield to keep my 10hp B&S carb from freezing up. We had blowing snow and temps around 20, the same conditions that fouled it regularly in the recent past.

Worked like a charm for 1-1/2 hours, but I had to keep the frills at just the right height to keep the exhaust from being affected, and keep watch for the carpet to otherwise move around. A little fine tuning of the carpeting is in order :D but otherwise I'm looking good. Thanks to those who came up with this suggestion.

donmoore1904
quote:Originally posted by curlett

Could you post a picture of your setup, thanks

id="quote">
id="quote">Ha ha - my setup. You are reminding me I have to get off my duff and make a large contribution to become a paying member here, but my "setup" consists of draping this old bath carpet over the top so it comes down over the carb linkage and throttle valve area. I'm thinking of an upgrade of putting a hole in it so the gas cap helps keep it from slipping.

RickS

Don, as a club member you are allowed to post a picture. The only difference is as a non-paying member the picture must be hosted (stored) on an outside source; like a photo sharing site. Paying members photos are stored on the Club's webpage.

The big difference is if the photo is stored on the Club's webpage the photo is available for viewing long for a long time. When the photo is stored on an outside site the photo's usually disappear after a period of time.

So go ahead and take a photo and show us your rug.:D

Rick........

donmoore1904
quote:Originally posted by RickS

Don, as a club member you are allowed to post a picture. The only difference is as a non-paying member the picture must be hosted (stored) on an outside source; like a photo sharing site. Paying members photos are stored on the Club's webpage.The big difference is if the photo is stored on the Club's webpage the photo is available for viewing long for a long time. When the photo is stored on an outside site the photo's usually disappear after a period of time.So go ahead and take a photo and show us your rug.:DRick........

id="quote">
id="quote">Ha. Will do. Thank you for clarifying the procedures. I really should pony up some green at this point, and I don't mean the forest green rug. The site I had space on is going away, so using space here would be easiest at this point. I have to warn you though, it's an old rug on a c-rusty 7010 hood - I was going to repaint and redecal it until the tragedy of it falling off the ramps happened...