Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PhanDad

Blowin' Snow

PhanDad

Got about 10" of light powder snow yesterday. There was a heavy snow band that was over my area at first, then moved northwest, came back south east but didn't stay. It parked over Phila for a while so they wound up with 13" officially at the airport. This morning it was 1 deg F when I ventured out, but a heat lamp on the Briggs carb for about 15 minutes before starting and it fired right up. (the tractor was in the garage, so the temperature was about freezing)Talked my wife into coming out and taking a short video. Here's a frame of that video:

14Jan22_001a.JPG

Here's the link to the video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npPC_uQPZU&feature=youtu.be

14Jan22_001a.JPG.540148749e4c1ee8a265337ebcdd7200.JPG

GrincheyOne

Bill,

I get the impression (from the Video), You are blowing the snow into the bed of your truck!:D

I should talk! Still have near 6" of snow cover on my drive. sm02

Cheers,

Wayne

PhanDad

Wayne,

I usually direct the snow away from the bed of the truck as best I can, especially this one since it has 4 wheel drive.

My old '71 GMC 2500 2 wheel drive without posi was another story. You wanted all the weight you could get in the bed so you could drive it in snow.

Sign in to follow this