Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Counter weights

McGill

This just popped into my head... I've seen weight lifting sets at yard sales cheap. Do you think I could cut off one of the bars to fit into my rear lift and then stack weights on it?

I've done it. The dumbbell weight bars have the stop flange at just the right point to keep from sliding all the way in. Use the bars on my Cub Cadets too. Woody

Kent just posted a picture of a weight bar on the post earlier today about johnny bucket jr (msg#5723). He used a weight bar for a lift. I also asked if there was an attachment from johnny bucket that would let me use it on both my 1963 725 and my 1968 bolens 1050 Does anyone know? I also inquired about a front hitch for the same? has anyone done this? thanks and happy holidays John H

John, I'm not sure, but I think the basic bucket for the Johnny Bucket Jr. would work on either tractor, but the hitch and lift mechanisms would be quite different. The front hitch bolts to the bucket mechanism with two bolts, as shown below. IF (and I'm not sure they will) both hitches use the same two bolt holes (or if you could drill others for the other tractor), all you'd have to do is unbolt those and change the hitch when you moved the bucket from one tractor. This would still be simpler than installing some attachments on other tractors. I saw a guy "bragging" that installing a snowblower on his JD 400-series tractor wasn't as bad as people make it out to be -- it only took him 1-1/2 hours. Putting mine on is 10 minutes max, including the time removing the snow/dozer blade (or mower deck) and working with cold hands trying to get the two hitch pins to line up.... Only John Scheele (who makes the Johnny Bucket) could tell you for sure about the difference in the hitches.... Kent http://www.simpletractors.com/images/bucket/two_bolts.jpg