Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

need belt sizes for b110

bassman300t

quote:Originally posted by bassman300t

also can the center spindle for a 42 inch deck be repaired or does it need replaced?

id="quote">
id="quote">It would depend on the condition of the housing (I have one for sale), the condition of the bearings (most common problem) The arbor (shaft), Just sold one to "Bunky" in Battle Creek! Hardest part of the job, is breaking down the assembly, like removing the two upper pulleys w/ spacer. The bearings are available from multiple sources (I got mine from VXB ($5 each, 2 required).Welcome to the Club!PS - stockup on PB-Blaster, and warm up the Propane torch!:o)

Justin,While my attention is on the spindle (and not on "Cindy-Loo"):D, All three spindle housings are the same, and take the same bearings.For reference:This is the arbor

Dscn0736.jpg

The top nut is a jam-nut and takes a 1-1/4 socket (and about a 24" breaker bar).be sure to clean the visible threads first, heat up the nut and shaft end with the torch, then apply a good coating of the PB-Blaster, let sit over night. Now here we have the rest of the assembly, in assembly sequence...

Dscn0740.jpg

To remove the pulleys I heated the 5/16" setscrews in the pulleys, and again a PB bath! Slept on it, then I used a 4-1/2" Bearing separator (from HFT) and parts from my 3-1/2" separator kit from HFT to remove the top pulley. A good start is to replace the nut onto the arbor and then tap the arbor down into the housing (to make room for the separator above the spacer). A 4# maul, or a dead blow hammer is a good persuader^ Now remove the key from the arbor, and slide the spacer off. Note when ever tapping on arbor replace the jam-nut to protect the end and thread. Heat the top of the bottom pulley, and shoot some PB into the key grove, go have a coffee, and watch this 42 min. video, that concludes with the removal of bearings from a housing.

OK, two coffees4iNOTE- these are cast pulleys,so do not place any stress on the outer flanges they WILL CRACK!!Good Luck:o)Wayne

quote:Originally posted by bassman300t

thanks,looks like i might need espresso!

id="quote">
id="quote">It would have been shorter if my Grand Daughter hadn't relocated my tool sets, and I had not had the problems with the hex drive set-screws.AS you can see, removing the bearings can be frustrating because of the spacer between them. The pilot bearing puller does not adjust down to the 3/4" diameter shaft hole in the bearing. I have another idea, but want to try it first.WayneBTW got your PM, and replied.

Here is a screen capture.In the forum technical tips and articles, is a post "Belt and Blade reference 2008" I posted a while agohttp://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136142It gives a link to the pdf filehttp://www.tbs.dk/userfiles/Simplicity%20REM%20OG%20knivoversigt.pdfThe part numbers are all Simplicity numbers.If you want "aftermarket" belts, there is a section at the end of the reference, that gives the dimensions for all the part numbers.BTW welcome to the club

110 belts.jpg

thanks all, its nice to hear from people who know what theyre talking about ive bought 3 belts that were too long from the local advance auto and napa and thats using the old ones as a reference.

dont know if i can post pics without donating or not but hopefully pics soon and maybe in correct category!lost camera charger guess ill just get a new camera.lol

You can post links to a photobucket account before you buy a membership.

The tenner has its rewards, not just on the site here, but the people you meet have its benefits as well.

Welcome to the zoo!!