Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

plow

yukon

its been 35 years since i tried a snowplow but man that thing would move a lot of snow it looked like the city trucks rolling the snow.

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG.9c2daf95fb7cb518b8a72745368403b3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I get a real nice roll off of my 46" blade. I am blown away by what my B110 and that blade can move. Curious, how often do you need to wax if you do it to help keep things flowing? Might give that a go some time.

B110guy

I prefer to plow....love it. I have never treated a blade though. Sometimes you get some sticky crap but I just ignore it and keep on rollin. Easier said with hydrolift =]

I wax after each plow job, found taking plow out after in a garadg the snow will stick because of temp. change so wax before taking out again.

I use graphite spray on my blade. Rarely does anything stick to it. The light fluffy snows we've had this winter have been fun to plow because it rolls off the blade so well.

John, I have a different way of beatting the snow sticking to a warm blade, I pull the two pins and leave the blade leaning against the shop outside. May try the wax on my trip blade though, sure would be nice to angle change from the seat.

Guys,

When my '68 2110 LL was still running, I like the 46" blade, and I would "treat" the blade with a good coat of PLEDGE. Didn't have to worry about the temperature, since my equipment stayed outside (under tarp). the garage is not heated anyway, and usually does not get above 26* in this weather! I specially like the trip blade 'cause I can cant it and really push vs picking the white s**t up! Once canted it is very easy to back drag the residue!:o)

Took a stroll with the camera today!

Wayne

after the season I take my plow into the shop and give it a complete makeover, wire buffed, primer and new paint, my plow still looks like brand new and not much sticks to the shiny black paintthe wings took a beating this years with all the hard crust, they will get a makeover too

plow.jpg

sure is nice taking 6 feet at a time, doesn't work so good on the wet heavy stuff

Nice Mike! I hear ya on the wide swath's...for light snows, It rocks. I have a 6' on my Legacy FEL, and it pushes a lot, but you sure know when you're trying too much wet stuff.

Wayne. You certainly do have your share of snow on your long driveway. What part of Pa. is Green Lane located in?.....Dave

since i posted that i got a blower from osenga got it mounted waxed the shute and threw snow everywhere. a friend of mine in mi sent me some rubber pads and i mounted them to my blower on the paddles and i couldnt believe the difference it threw it 5 to 10 feet further.

I spray pam (coking oil) on my blowers. It helps a lot. I think it would work on plows also. Yukon, I would like to see a picture of the rubber on your blower? Rob....