Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Breakfast and Chat

HubbardRA

Got a phone call this morning from Dan Lonnen (rokon2813). He was in the area helping out a friend and could spare a few minutes to get together talk a while. I headed up the road to meet him. We got a bite of breakfast and shot the breeze for about an hour, then Dan needed to head back home to New York. I really enjoyed seeing Dan again. Last time we met face to face was in 2006 at GOTO in Canandaigua, NY.We found a nice lady at a convenience store who would take a picture of the two of us.

DanRod.jpg

For those of you who have never met us, the one on the left is Dan Lonnen (rokon2813) and the one on the right is me, Rod Hubbard (HubbardRA).

DanRod.jpg.86a58677bf3ac28c5d506cbe07dbaf46.jpg

If I had time I would have met you guys...I had an electrician over all day today. Sounds like you guys had fun. I met Dan once in about 2006 or 2007 just north of Harrisburg , Pa. on rt 322 (I think)..real nice fella. take care. JH

Thank you for the breakfast. we will have to do it again with a little more notice and more time.Glad I didn't wait any longer this time.I didn't even try during the worst of it.

0125141618.jpg

0125141737.jpg

0125141852.jpg

0125141618.jpg.348c7231ccc8ef7121588e0ebbc23996.jpg

0125141737.jpg.7b29ba705587183fd32835880bafd28c.jpg

0125141852.jpg.166fe6a1f026240fb2e0327fbdd8f67b.jpg

We were supposed to get a few flurries this evening. Looks like you hit quite a bit more than that. Glad you made it OK. That is good time, if you made it from Opal, Va to your home in 8 hr 15 min. Much faster than I did the time I came up to Canandaigua.

Nice to hear you fellas were able to meet up! I've had the pleasure to meet Dan as well, and looking forward to the next time. ;)

quote:Originally posted by HubbardRA

We were supposed to get a few flurries this evening. Looks like you hit quite a bit more than that. Glad you made it OK. That is good time, if you made it from Opal, Va to your home in 8 hr 15 min. Much faster than I did the time I came up to Canandaigua.

id="quote">
id="quote">About a half hour longer than the Garmin said, but I did 2 fuel stops and a drive thru at Wendy's. I made real good time till the last hour and a half.there were times that I was passing cars at 20 mph. :o:OI was going 20 ;)

The best part is that you made it safely and it only cost you a half hour.

I would say your trip was a success despite the snow that you hit in both directions.

Dan, you got your neighbor and his things to his sister's place safely. That is what really counts. The chat was only secondary.