Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Custom Winterizing Shield

superbman101

I've never had a problem with icing on the Briggs carbs till this winter. The negative 45 windchill must have been to much for the old B12. I don't have a OEM Winterizing Shield but nothing a grinder and sharpy cant fix ;)Here is the "EOM" one I started going off of:

Custom Winter Kit 1.jpg

From there I took a few measurements, grabbed a muffler off the shelf and started cutting/folding a flyer from Bigass Fans :P

Custom Winter Kit 2.jpg

Cut it out of a random sheet I had laying around:

Custom Winter Kit 3.jpg

Got it all mounted up. NOT only does it clamp around the muffler like the OEM but I added a folded flange and Hole to mount it tight to the bottom of the carb. Being a Design Engineer I'm always tweaking OEM things XX(

Custom Winter Kit 4.jpg

Custom Winter Kit5.jpg

Keeps the Fuel shut-off and Filter tucked up and warm as well, but still easy to get to from the driver seat. Not to bad for a last minute chop shop eye-balling it duplication.

Edited by PhanDad
Removed duplicate pics

Someone posted this on here several years ago. It was copied from an original as well.

WinterizingKitPattern2.jpg.fd0a7917faa2ba0b74728c438738c474.jpg

Edited by PhanDad
Removed duplicate pic

Here are the approximate Changes I made to the original write-up.I like the addition of bolting the bottom to the carb: No more rattling sm01

Winterkit mods.jpg

Edited by PhanDad
Removed duplicate pic

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Bill725
    • CarlH
    • mbsengineer
    • maxwood
    • Darl Swartz
    • PGL
    • MikeES
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts