Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
chefbowpro

NEWBIE here saying Hi!

chefbowpro

Hello to all of you!

I just bought my first old tractor, a Simplicity 738 with a tiller and snow plow. I am a chef originally from New Orleans, now in Haw River NC, and I am the Regional Coordinator for a non-profit org, Backyard Bow Pro, that donates thousands of pounds of hunter harvested venison and wild pig to food banks in 25 states.

I will use my new machine to work my 2 acres and also make food plots on all the farms and properties, so this new tool will inevitably feed THOUSANDS of needy folks!

I am sure to have questions, and I have already had quite a few answered just by reading! First thing, new solenoid...new key ignition, new belt, new seat and new paint! But, with a set of jumper cables I turned my 1/2 acre food plot this evening in less than 2 hours. This Simplicity Tractor is just incredible....maybe a new addiction has been started??!!!!

Glad to meet all of you!

dOd

HubbardRA

Good to have you join us Derek. I hope some of us oldtimers can help you whenever you have questions. I don't know much about the 738 tractors myself, since I only have "large frame" tractors.

steve-wis

Welcome Derek! Many of us are using the small frame tractors like yours. I have a 616 yeoman myself, along with a few others. Any questions you have will be answered here by someone, I am sure. Also, post some pics of your tractor, we all love pics!

Steve

fishnwiz

Welcome Derek.

Always great to add a new member to the club.

Those of us living in Wisconsin have long forgotten what dirt looks like!|) We are looking at fresh snow cover along with -16 below zero scheduled for Tues. AM.:(!

Looking forward to seeing a few pics of your tractor at work and remember that there are no dumb questions on this site....just a bunch of dumb answers (Just kidding).The guys on this site are amazing and a wealth of knowledge on all things mechanical.

ss74nova

Welcome to the club Derek,

It's definately an addiction. I owned my 63 Broadmoor for 12 years, then last summer I picked up a 64 Landlord & just this last Friday I picked up a 65 Landlord. I have some attachments but would like to collect more. It's tough to stop collecting.sm00 Good luck with your projects. You've come to the right place.

Tim