Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor size

littlemarv

Is a 900 series tractor physically bigger than a 700 series? I'm talking in terms of leg room, mostly.Am I right in saying this 7010 would equate to a 710 Allis?Can anyone tell just from this picture if this is a hydro?What kind of lift can I put on it other than the manual lift lever?Just trying to gather some info before I even bother to call the guy.

00t0t_bUcbOURvicN_600x450.jpg

Thanks for any help.

00t0t_bUcbOURvicN_600x450.jpg.0a42c4aca276592fb7d0329705fd4b7d.jpg

7100 Series tractors are a bit bigger than the 7000 series, you sit higher and the frame is a bit longer, I think. Yes that is the same as the Allis 700 series. I would guess that tractor is a 6 speed and not a hydro. It is only a 10 horse and has the narrower tire set, so it is unlikely it had the hydro option. The only option I believe that would be available in place of a manual lift is an electric lift.

I guess my main question is, how much bigger in terms of leg room is a 900 vs. a 700? I'm looking to build the ultimate snowblower tractor, this one is close by, but I wonder if I should hold out for a 900 series?

Also, can anyone verify that electric lift is the only option?

Opinions on if this would make a good snow machine? I would put a cab on it. Thats why I'm worried about the room issue, as I am a taller fellow...

The difference in size is not significant enough between the two to be an issue with leg room, or head room as any factory cabs would be nearly identical. IMO, 10 horse is a bit light for a dedicated snow removal machine, if using a blower, and a hydro would be the best preference for blowing snow, not a gear tractor.

quote:Originally posted by littlemarv

I guess my main question is, how much bigger in terms of leg room is a 900 vs. a 700? I'm looking to build the ultimate snowblower tractor, this one is close by, but I wonder if I should hold out for a 900 series?Also, can anyone verify that electric lift is the only option?Opinions on if this would make a good snow machine? I would put a cab on it. Thats why I'm worried about the room issue, as I am a taller fellow...

id="quote">
id="quote">I have no experience with a 71xx, but I own a 7010 3-speed. The 7010 came as a 3-speed or 6-speed, I haven't heard of a hydro.I am 6'4", and I mow a 10 to 25% sloped property. Also plow snow from a 300' long flat driveway. I like the tractor for its low center of gravity and maneuverability, and there is no issue with "legroom". Getting on an off requires making sure not to get my foot caught or my leg on the lift lever - a little tight. The 10hp motor has always had more power than anything I threw at it.That said, my guess is that if you are looking for the "ultimate snowblower" machine, and that is your primary use, you may want a 71xx tractor and a step up from 10hp. It's just a guess, since I have no experience with a 71xx, a snowblower or a larger motor.

The 700/7000 series running boards sit a little closer to the ground than the 900/7100. The 900/7100 have a wider hood. But you can make a cab from either fit on either with little to no modifications. As far as a snowblower the 700/7000 would typically use a front PTO on the engine to drive the blower, the 900/7100 uses the mid PTO to drive the blower so they use a different hitch, but the same blower.

The ultimate snowblower machine is a 920H/7790H diesel, with a Hydro drive. If you don't like a diesel then the ultimate would be a 919H/7119H, because throwing snow is the one attachment that will require all the horsepower you got.

If you like the single cylinders get a 16hp or 18hp.

Now don't get me wrong a 12hp B&S will work just fine but much slower. The snow thrower is the only attachment that make my 917H bark and howl (full open on the governor), otherwise everything else she's doesn't even breath hard.

Oh, BTW when you work her that hard, she's gets hungry fast!

Funny you asked this question - I was going to post a similar one. I rebuilt an AC 914 shuttle and swapped it out with my dad's Simplicity 7112. At least I thought it was a 7112. It has a different hood but has a 12hp Briggs (re-powered with a "Wards Power Kraft" engine). It was visibly smaller than the 914. Even my dad made a comment. I will have to go out tomorrow and do some more research on it now that I have it to work on.

The 3416H is basically the same size as the 7000 series / Allis 700 series. It will have a Vickers hydro in it and 16 horsepower. The blower setup is nearly identical to the 7000 /700 series.