Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bassman300t

want to adapt gravely li plow/blade to b110

bassman300t

I dont know how the lift mechanism is attached,i have a left hand lift lever and plan to fab all hardware except for blade&mountplate? just kinda want it to look proper. im new to all this but i love the functionality of the tractor and thats just with the ?harrow? spring cultivator i have and cant wait to have something else useful,im definatley wanting to make something like the brinly gard-n-cart also that looks really handy. i appreciate any and all input.

BLT

If you go to the SimpletACtors title on the menu bar, crowd that title close to the top of your screen , click it on and a ladder menu will drop down and you will see a Cross Reference and What Fits title. The cross reference will give you information about what your B110 is evqivleant to Simplicity tractor and from there you can go to the What Fits section and see what options were available and then here at the top of this forum is instructions on how to download OM's and PL's.

HubbardRA

You can look at the picture in Ray's post above and see how to make a hitch. I made my first one without even seeing a picture. I have a 36 inch solid mount dozer blade from a Wheel Horse, and a 48 inch spring-trip blade from a Bolens tractor. Both have homemade hitches and the blades fit either FDTs or RBTs because of the way I set up the lift lever on the hitches.

Hitches attach to the bottom of the front axle with two pins, and connect to the lift on the tractor with a rod. Not a complicated design.

bassman300t

I was seeing what kind of scrap i had to work with today and the handle bars from a scrap springfield 2 wheel tractor should work nice with some crossmembers welded in and a little modification maybe some small forks too.

HubbardRA

Here is a picture of my homemade hitch for the Bolens spring-trip blade on my AC716H when I first made it.

bladehitch.jpg

This next one is not a great picture but it shows the Wheel Horse hitch adapted to fit my 61 Wards (Simplicity 700). Sorry about the size. I found the picture, but I no longer have the hitch.

P000280.jpg

bladehitch.jpg.699c94919b200582fc5ce430c7021b9b.jpg

P000280.jpg.07eb7b163171692f0a869a69725f0a00.jpg