Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my latest find

davidmoll

Found this dump cart at my local dump at the metal recycle bin. Couldn't pass it up. Needs a tire and the metal is thinned out neart the top with some small holes.The wife doesn't know I brought it home as the inside house honey do list is looming large!:o

dumpcart.jpg

dumpcart.jpg.b8c66d026086ba9729b7da2c03511574.jpg

Great lucky find! I have one in the Radio colors amd plan to give it the Simplicoty look some day when the boy is old enough to understand he's "working" with Dad.

quote:Originally posted by Burntime

I welded the spindles in place on a front axle from a 7117. Added the contractor wheel barrow, and a trip lever from a variable tractor. WOW I have hauled some loads. I also put a regular trailer receiver on it. You will love it. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=110841&SearchTerms=cart

id="quote">
id="quote">I like your build Mike! It's taller than the Radio carts, and so, it dumps better/further. That's the only thing I don't like about mine....you cannot trip and dump them, and have them empty completely.

Hey thanks Josh. It was one of those...welders out, what can I weld ideas. Once I started looking at it I got into it. I had to move some clay that I was digging drywells and tired of wheelbarrowing it. The simplicity cart was overloaded and a pain to shovel out. This one did the trick. I even filled it to the point I had to air up the sovy tires hard so they did not come off the rim. It did the trick. One of these days I will paint it up. It was just some spare parts, an old trailer tongue, and my parents wheelbarrow after the handles rotted off. Sometimes things just work out!

Thanks guys! Did the wheel barrow tires make the cart ride to low? I proably have to reinforce the cart edge were it has thined out and rotted. Obviously someone left it full of crap for a few years in the dump position. I already restored an old Sears dump cart which I have adapted the tongue to fit a ball hitch but you have slide out the back panel before dumping. The guys at the dump told me that the lady who got rid of it tied it to here bumper and dragged it down the street to the dump. That must have been a site!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• andrew68
    • Oldnrusty
    • Brettw
    • SmilinSam
    • CarlH
    • gwiseman
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts