Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brinly gard-n-cart

TFF

Anyone have any information on fabricating a "gard-n-cart" to fit a Simplicity? Looks like a useful attachment for hauling bags of fertilizer/lime. Thoughts?

I've always thought they looked cool too, but have never seen any information referencing a unit made to fit Simplicity machines.

hang n haul.JPG

57e05fd248091_hangnhaul.JPG.364fadfbf45059fc97b374bea7bca289.JPG

One would think a snow thrower hitch could be used as a base and them some minor fabricating and you could have the double duty grille guard and utility carrier.

The pictures above should be enough for a fabricator to create one, but not an exact replica if that is what is desired.

It appears there is an elongated hole at the pivot point so that it will "latch" on the wingnut screws before tightening.

I can't see this attached with a snowblower hitch as it pivots with the axle, and you might dump your load over bumps or uneven ground.

I can see one better fitted to an RBT because of the front frame.

I'm sure Brinly made a ton of $$ fabricating attachments for Deere.

If there was a way to attach one to an FDT frame, I would do it in a heatbeat.

My 61 Wards (Simp 700) has two bolts on each side that the hood attaches to. You could use longer bolts and attach the Gard-N-Cart to them and the single bolt in front at the bottom of the grille.

quote:Originally posted by timflury

If there was a way to attach one to an FDT frame, I would do it in a heatbeat.

id="quote">
id="quote">It could mount just like a loader, using one of two methods, and be supported at the grill frame mounting bolts as Dan suggests, or by some sort of subframe cross member, similar to the later style loader front mount:

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

20130209_171909.jpg

20130209_171458.jpg

20130209_173642.jpg

I wouldn`t worry about a relatively light built fron end. They put frontend loaders on these that will lift more than you probably intend to put on it. You can do the poor mans power steering if needed. It definitely would be easier to make for the back, but a heavy duty snowblower hitch (5/16" X 2-1/2 material) with a sissor type fold up would work fine.

Run into any problems give me a call. I make all kinds of stuff for these tractors with a happy bunch of buyers. Atleast I haven`t heard and complaints yet:D, but who knows.