Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TFF

Brinly gard-n-cart

bowhunt4life

One would think a snow thrower hitch could be used as a base and them some minor fabricating and you could have the double duty grille guard and utility carrier.

donmoore1904

The pictures above should be enough for a fabricator to create one, but not an exact replica if that is what is desired.

It appears there is an elongated hole at the pivot point so that it will "latch" on the wingnut screws before tightening.

timflury

I can't see this attached with a snowblower hitch as it pivots with the axle, and you might dump your load over bumps or uneven ground.

I can see one better fitted to an RBT because of the front frame.

I'm sure Brinly made a ton of $$ fabricating attachments for Deere.

If there was a way to attach one to an FDT frame, I would do it in a heatbeat.

HubbardRA

My 61 Wards (Simp 700) has two bolts on each side that the hood attaches to. You could use longer bolts and attach the Gard-N-Cart to them and the single bolt in front at the bottom of the grille.

Talntedmrgreen
quote:Originally posted by timflury

If there was a way to attach one to an FDT frame, I would do it in a heatbeat.

id="quote">
id="quote">It could mount just like a loader, using one of two methods, and be supported at the grill frame mounting bolts as Dan suggests, or by some sort of subframe cross member, similar to the later style loader front mount:

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

20130209_171909.jpg

20130209_171458.jpg

20130209_173642.jpg

RayS

I wouldn`t worry about a relatively light built fron end. They put frontend loaders on these that will lift more than you probably intend to put on it. You can do the poor mans power steering if needed. It definitely would be easier to make for the back, but a heavy duty snowblower hitch (5/16" X 2-1/2 material) with a sissor type fold up would work fine.

Run into any problems give me a call. I make all kinds of stuff for these tractors with a happy bunch of buyers. Atleast I haven`t heard and complaints yet:D, but who knows.