Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody have $15,000?

rich_kildow

Someone has been hittin the schnopps early!:D I hope he gets it! You just never know. People pay for all sorts of stupid stuff. Heck, some people look at us like we are crazy with old iron. I still think its 15 times what its worth with the autographs, but hey, one mans junk...

He forgot to put the decimal at the $150 mark. Unless of course it was suppose to be a 49er`s tractor:D. Where are the 49er`s this week (same place as the packers, dreaming about the 2014 season)?

Did they make a 49er`s tractor? I never understood why these people think there team logo tractors were worth anymore than a Simplicity orange tractor? Hell, you got idiots painting simplicity and Allis tractors JD green and yellow. I would take one of those before, I would ever waste the money on a football tractor and especially a Broadmoor or a regent.

Only what someone is willing to pay! Its a 500 tractor with autographs. Only thing is, it takes up a crap load of room to hang on the wall!:D

quote:Originally posted by Bruker

"It looks really neat but I have no idea what it's worth. Let me call in a buddy of mine, he knows all about this kind of thing..."

id="quote">
id="quote">Now THAT'S funny!:DThere was one of those tractors that comes up for sale locally about twice a year. It had some autographs, and I believe it was about 1/3 the price.

So....those dudes had to sign 350 lawn mowers? Boy oh boy....oyu know you hit the bigtime when you are asked to do that!

So why not try and sell the hood for $15K and drive the tractor? The tractor don't bring nothing to the value equation. That's why the hood might be worth $150.

It's a Packer thing. If you do live in the Greenbay area of the state, you would not understand!

I have seen a few of these in bars around the state....kind of like one of those kiddy cars that little kids ride on for a quarter|).

While I would not pay that kind of money, I would charge that same amount.1.500

I myself am a Farve, White , star and Rogers fan and do bleed green and gold!

Wonder how the players felt signing a lawn mower hood??? Personally I think it is a fake. He has no authentication proof. It just seems very ridiculous. He needs to take it on Pawn Stars!

quote:Originally posted by AC712H

Wonder how the players felt signing a lawn mower hood??? Personally I think it is a fake. He has no authentication proof. It just seems very ridiculous. He needs to take it on Pawn Stars!

id="quote">
id="quote">There actually were quite a few of these. I have seen them in the past, just never took an interest. Like I said, its too big to hang on the wall!:D

quote:Originally posted by AC712H

id="quote">
id="quote">There's pictures out there of what appears to be players signing loose hoods. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $350 for that machine unless I had a 0.2 acre lot and the hood was gold plated, but everyone is different. It isn't exactly practical IMO.

Guys; yes the tractor asking price is stupid expensive. But from the comments several of you seem to think that the Packers players signed more than one hood. I believe that there may have been 350 Packer edition tractors made but this guy is the only one to take his hood to an autograph session put on by the Packers for publicity. This is probably the only autographed edition and it still has a STUPID asking price....Dave