Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

chain drive; snowblower

I bought the chain , but it was too short at 36+ links. I will measure it this time. Should I link two 30+- halves together to get the length right?

Please accept my apologies for a quick, incorrect answer. The 36+ link count was half of the total. Since the #40 chain is definitely NOT the weak link in the drive for then snow blowers, linking together sections of chains is fine. I was putting a smaller driven sprocket on my snowblower. Since I could only get chain in 10' lengths, I made the new chain from complete piece and kept the old chain if I needed to re-install the original sprocket. Carl