Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers 712H (Electrical Problem now)

ardisam

I have a friend that just bought a 36 inch snowblower, is there a way to get to work on his 712 from the mid pto? The blower has the single pulley hitch and the belt for the 900 series. Any thoughts?

quote:is there a way to get to work on his 712 id="quote">
id="quote">

I dunno, how far away from his house, does he work? I mean, eventually he can get there, given enough fuel.:o)

Sorry Ryan, couldn't help myself!

ch20sov3.jpg

ch20sov2.jpg

This is a 7000 series with a single belt. Notice where the muffler is. It has to be running off the mid PTO. The 7100 series parts will fit. You just need a shorter belt.The picture are not mine, but a Command will fit in a 7000 series without hacking up the frame.

ch20sov3.jpg.9966dde002e20f314bdfa4a531f2b407.jpg

ch20sov2.jpg.f7290740c36e73a434be46fa9a132498.jpg

As Ray said, they fit just fine! Now my friend needs to get a shorter belt because we are dealing with a shorter frame vs the 900 or 7100 series.

Ryan, just measure the distance from the split line of the tractor halves from the BGB forward to the mounting holes of the of the snowblower hitch. The difference should be an inch and/or something less on the 710 then the 900/7100 series. You multiply that distance by two and that should be the amount you take off the 147" belt.

quote:Originally posted by ardisam

ok! Bob, will this change that I did on the 712 affect the mower belt too?

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes it would.

quote:Originally posted by ardisam

Bob, is it the holes on the tractor or the holes on the hitch where the blower mounts to the hitch?

id="quote">
id="quote">To where the hitch pins to the tractor. Everything forward of that should be dimensionally the same. Now I see where the 7016 has a 48.1 wheel base and the 900/7100 has a 50.7 wheel base means that you would only need a 142 inch belt. If everything is the same for axle components on both tractors, you should see about 2-1/2" shorter measurement, (I hope)4i.

I've often wondered if the idler pulley arrangement often mentioned as a difference but overlooked would affect the belt length. The pulleys are at very different locations from the two series and I think it could also have an effect on the overall length of the belt.

Dan

quote:Originally posted by BLT

When you put on the 900/7100 side plate, the dimension to the BGB split line is th same, making the only difference in the wheelbase.

id="quote">
id="quote">Yes, I agree with you if the side plate is changed to the 900/7100. I was not clear but was thinking in terms of using the 700/7000 side plate and just happened to sell my 42" blower with the single pulley hitch to a gentleman intending on use it on his Allis Chalmers 716 without changing the side plate. He called me up this morning and said he got it working great with just a little shimming on the idlers and is using a 139" belt but feels a 140" belt would be the idea length belt with the factory 700/7000 series side plate. He also mentioned the belt runs pretty close to his running board and is going to install a 5" idler pulley on the hitch which currently has a 4 1/2" pulley and increase the size of the flat idler on the tractor by 1/2" to give him the room he is comfortable with.Hope this additional information helps someone.Dan

quote:Originally posted by BLT

Dan, it would be interesting to see some pictures postede as some other members might be interesed.

id="quote">
id="quote">I agree but unfortunately the guy lives over an hour away and I did not know him previously so that will probably not happen. He simply called me this morning to thank me for my honesty and insight to his mounting situation onto his 716 as I told him it would require a little home grown engineering to get the belt to track correctly.Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, changing the left side plate was a success! My friend got a 143 inch belt, and use the blower 2 time already. Thanks for the help!