Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Differential spacers

RenegadeJ

Can't help you on finding parts except that when I discovered the spring loaded differential in my B-112 I learned its not OEM to the B-series tractors, well maybe the 200 series, not sure on that. My tranny was cast in '72. Think that diff. can out in the AC 300 and later. Hope to corrected if I'm giving you a bumm steer..MPH

Dont know what model tractor this tranny and differential came out of. I know it look the same as the one in my B212 and my Simplicity 3112V. Assume that if I can find a spring for this it will work on my tractors if I ever need it. Hopefully I wont need it but you never know. Thanks for you reply. From the posts I have read on this site I assume that you are way up North. Stay warm this winter and thanks again.

I am a ways up here. There is still about 400 miles of land between me and the end of the world. Before I leave this country I gotta get way north for summer soultis and watch the sun fail to set or rise, don't quite happen here..MPH Oh, there should be a date cast into the tranny under and behind the left axle. What year is your B212??

Picked up an extra tranny and differential assembly (free) and thought would keep it around just in case had trouble with one of my tractors Decided to take it apart and give it good going over when I found the differential had the spring type spacers. Lo and behold one of the springs is broken. Do not have part # for the spring type spacer. Anybody know the part # or where I can obtain one.

I have found that if one spring is broken its time to replace all of them. Also its time to rebuild the diff. as the spacers gears bushing all will have wear in them. So to make it bullet proof again thats what I have found is the best thing to do. I know Bill-of Sandylake can fix ya write up. Just my opinion been there a few times trying to get by with just a part or 2 but in the end it will cost ya more in time. Best holidays to all, >->>happyjack<-<<