Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Jr's Little Allis Blower...B-208 Super

Talntedmrgreen

The snofall has been nuts around here, and I've been givin it all I got with the big blower. Saturday was an all day affair, and so Sunday morning a light 2-3" snowfall was invitation enough to monkey around a bit and play.I had picked up this sparkling clean B-208S a while back with the intention of keeping it around for my son when he grows into it. It only took a fuel flush to get running, but it has remained parked since. The blower is equally as nice, and came to me from Sunny North Dakota (thanks Craig!). So yesterday I bundled up Jr and we set to work on mounting up the little AC blower, fitting the chains and knocking out a quick oil change. The machine starts easy and runs like a clock.

20140202_095421.jpg

The little guy is a monkey these days, and I could barely keep him off it long enough to get things setup. He has mastered the arts of hiding my tools and escaping from sight...a 10 minute job takes me an hour with his 'help', but we have a lot of fun!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-AwcFD1VwQIt's not quite the snow mover that the Old Man's is, but it will do the job just fine, especially when all I have to do is watch from the shop, or front window. :o)

20140202_095402.jpg

I'm not quite sure what he's thinking, but I'm certain he wants to make this thing run without Dad's assistance...

20140202_095437.jpg

Very cool. I had planned on getting my B10 running with my 42" blade for my 6 year old to push snow while I used my B110 and 46" blade. Sadly, he's 7" away from making the clutch. Maybe next year. I hope to have a blower for my 110 by then.

B110guy

That is very, very cool! I have a B206E that will be my grandson's when he grows into it. The last time they were here, I told him that one day that tractor would be his. His 3 year old face got real serious, and he says "but that one is harder to steer than the other ones". Hopefully, this won't be a problem for him when he is 13!

Nothing like having a son or daughter to help with the yard work. Looks like he is having a great time, don't know about dad.:D

quote:Originally posted by lampoulos

Glad to contribute Josh. Not too much longer and it'll be just the right size for the boy!

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks again! I appreciate the opportunity to have that blower, and I'm glad I found a machine that suits it! It's doing a great job and the kid is going to love running it some day. You'll have to stop over and give it a good look when you're in town next. ^

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Austin
    • Tom45
    • maxwood
    • PhanDad
    • Bill725
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts