Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jlasater

Finally got to use the snowblower

jlasater

I bought a used snow blower from Sandy Lakes Implement about five years ago (shipped on a pallet to Oregon) and had yet to use it. The last few years have had little snow around here. We have about five inches on the ground now with more slated overnight. Even without really deep snow, I had a blast!

blowin_snow.jpg

If it gets really bad, I can fall back to the dozer :-)

crew_ready_for_snow.jpg

I cut the skids back down to normal size on the recommendation of someone from the board here, so they aren't as big as the second photo shows.

jlasater

We can't be picky over here on the west coast, unfortunately. John Deere rules the roost out here, but I don't know why. I like my 716H better than any JD I've seen.

phillobbezoo

Always nice to have a big piece of equipment around, I have 2 dozers a few miles away, but I'm curious about your 350x siting off to the side I sold mine about a year ago and wish I wouldn't have. Mine went to a collector and is now in Arizona With his 80 some other 3 wheelers so I know it went to Good home but I still miss it.

jlasater

I acquired that ATC350X from the widow of a good friend of mine. I'm keeping it indefinitely for sentimental reasons. It needs an overhaul and general freshening up, which it will get soon.

leeave96

A little late to this thread, but I'm in VA and the big snows are few and far between - sometimes several years. Inspite of this, I keep a snow thrower occupying valuable space in the basement just for snows like you get and it is a blast when I get to use it.

Sign in to follow this