Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Service/Repair Manual: How Find One

Smolenski7

What section of the tractor are you working on? There won't be much of a repair manual on that unit since most of the components will be covered by their manufacturers manuals, such as the Tuff-Torq transmission, the Briggs and Stratton Engine, etc.

The tractor owners manual will have most of the basic adjustments and maintenance for the tractor and mower deck. Owners manuals can be had here:

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/support

I'd like to replace the steering rod. There's nothing in the Owner's manual about that. I'd really like to something that will guide me.

It's a Regent Model: 2690575

Thanks.

More than likely will have to go through a Simplicity dealership. Simplicity manuals have been a PIA to obtain since Briggs bought them and the repair manuals have always been an item that has been had to be purchased from a dealer or through Simplicity Tech. Publications. You may find a repair manual on ebay if someone has one for sale.

quote:Originally posted by Smolenski7

I'd like to replace the steering rod. There's nothing in the Owner's manual about that. I'd really like to something that will guide me.It's a Regent Model: 2690575Thanks.

id="quote">
id="quote">PM me with your E-mail address and I can send you the two pages. Once you get mower deck off it should be pretty clear, everything is under the frame if I understad your request.

quote:Originally posted by drbrian722

When you say steering rod, do you mean the steering shaft from the wheel to the gear, or the drag link from the gear to the front axle?

id="quote">
id="quote">The shaft.I replaced the steering gear last year and probably should have done the shaft too at that that time. However, I've never done such an intensive repair before and can't do 2 things: I can't seem to remove the steering wheel, and I need to find a way to lift the tractor so that the shaft can be removed from underneath.