Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kohler Command

Need more information. CV means a vertical shaft engine but the 125 has me confused. Kohler made a CV13 - CV25 desingnating the hp. They also mada a CV460 and CV490. Is it possible that the CV125 is a 12.5 hp? Is this a single cylinder or a twin? Mike S.

Can anyone tell me what this motor will fit on. I done some tradeing and received this motor it's like brand new I hate to see it just sitting around. Spec Number is 1203 and Model number is cv125st. I would like to sell it if I cant find a tractor to put it on.[A href='http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=CV12.5ST']http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=CV12.5ST[/a]

Dale - I see you just posted a discussion note about this motor. I have not purchased it because I cannot confirm that it will fit my tractor. I cannot find any info about the "spec" part of this ID. You said that you had tried to use it. What tractor did you try to use it in, and what was the reason it did not work in this tractor? - mounting bolt pattern did not match? - output shaft was wrong? - too big for the engine compartment? If you add this info to your message, I think you will get more response. FYI, I am trying to put a larger enging into a Broadmoor 728. I have put a 10 hp briggs into one, which required me to alter the gas tank mounting. I am still interested in this motor if you can give some more info! Tom

I put this motor on a home made pull behind mower,but it did not work because the mower deck i had on this was a left hand discharge. the belt would not cross with out wearing out to fast. I found the guy who bought this motor new. He put it on a MTD Ranch King. He said that he had to make new motor mounts to make it work. The tractor used to have an twin cyclinder 18 hp on it. The new Kohler did not have enough power to suit him after he mowed his lawn one time so he took it back off and then I ended up with it.