Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

wheelhorse ?

Danb24

Have a chance to buy a 1994 wheelhorse 416-8 with a 40" loader anyone no anything about this tractor I have 3 simplicitys and really would love a powermax with a loader but as you know there hard to come by thanks for the help danb

On the 300 and 400 series look very carefully at the frame right above where foot plate support rod goes through the frame on eac side of the tractor. Stress cracks develop there and eventually the tractor will break in half if not caught. I have seen this twice now and experienced it once. SmilinSam

Thanks Sam I will take a look before i buy also any no what its worth it has a ARK 7-3000 loader but its in great shape no smoke a little rust but nothing a little paint would not take care of Thanks danb

Another thing to consider is that if its the Toro Power Plus two cylinder its a Onan made engine which translates to expensive repairs if ever needed. The tractor itself sold new for (I THINK) a little less than $4000 new. Resale on that, and being and 8 speed rather than the hydro, I would think about $1000 for the tractor alone would be a plenty. Auction price would be more like $600- $800. As always there are many variables to consider. The loader is the wild card. Don't know what the loader is worth, but garden tractors with loaders around here usually fetch around $2000 or more at auction. You know what its worth to you, use your judgement and go from there.