Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dentwizz

HB-116 for the win

dentwizz

Here's how I got her, in "running" condition(dead coil and all). Image0136_zpsc25b96c0.jpg

Image0138_zps762f0ccb.jpg

New gas tank(craftsman made a plastic direct-fit model) and DRL lights installed for always engine-on, new paint and new magnetron ignition. I transferred the modular blower control setup from the 64LL 12hp in favor of the hydro trans and 16hp engine on this one and that proved to be a wise move for how this year has gone.

The electric clutch took a while to get the alignments right, but the 5/8" x 58" belt has been the hot ticket and has shown no signs of wear after some very demanding snows. Even though my driveway is 3 cars worth of space, I tunnel out and do the 4 neighbors surrounding since they are getting older and only seem to use shovels. It helps for neighbor politics when I am the noisy tractor guy who rescues them ;) As a fringe benefit I average about 30 bucks and a pot of soup or desert from neighbor gifts for each storm:D

Image0045_zps452a00a7.jpg

The electric setup on the late model 42" blower with late hitch has been worth the work. Less setup and a lot less linkages once the harness is installed(tap off the regulator). As another note, why didn't they continue the hinge-hood hatch for the other flat hood years? It has been quite handy to access everything and keep the snow off.

Chris727

I think they did away with it to make a styling change. They also widened the steering wheel at that time which made the unit easier to steer. It was also saving them from making all the additional components for the door.

Sign in to follow this