Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

After 2/14-15/2014 Snow and Nor'easter....

BLT

Looking forward to getting home and having to blow some real snow today. With all of the neighbors drives, could end up with 2 hours of seat time. Will be enjoying the cab today! I'm sure after 11 hours of work and seat time will sleep well tonight.

I've acquired the best auxiliary attachment ever. It's called the new neighbor. My new neighbor just built a new house across the road from me, I helped him as much as I could during the process, including yard grading and snow plowing, now that he's laid off, he does my plowing for me, he uses my tractor, sure is nice to come home to a plowed driveway after a full day of work.

I enjoy some 'seat time' as much as most of the fine folks on this forum, but by the end of the week it looks like I'll be out snow blowing the driveway and the front yard 5 times in 6 days - enough already !!

We wound up with 11" this morning...they issued an advisory before hand for 3-5". Oops. It's warm now, 35*...first time since early January. Should be a substantial thaw, followed by a hard freeze.36" on the ground this morning. Much less as I drive NE to work...29" at the office, and further NE of us, at the NWS office, they have 24" on the ground, which is their 2nd all-time highest snow depth.

20140218_064506.jpg

Hit 46 on western side of Lake Michigan and what came yesterday, 5-7" is history today. Did get some seat time

. Tomorrow in the 30's, more snow gone again, yippee!!!dOd For Thursday I hear more nasty stuff is headed somewhere, but not here, I hope.8O)

Yeah...they say .5-.75" of rain on Thursday, starting as slushy snow, and ending as snow/ice. Sounds sloppy. I'm not a fan of the rain.

Weather advisory for western Wisconsin. Another storm brewing for Wednesday and Thursday. Kind of like pan handle hook coming from southwest to north east. Gonna be maily snow along the Mississippi river area, then snow and rain in our area, then falling temps, but no minus zero stuff. The good part is 40's tomorrow, more melting.dOd