Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snowblower belt length

Kenh

I have a 42" blower on a 7119. Today one of the rear idler bearing locked up and actually spun the nut off the bolt:O Of course the belt wound up in more than one piece and was wound up around the mid PTO in places it did not belong.

So to my question... What is the length of the drive belt. It's the long one. I think it's like 140+" long. I looked in my blower manual but there were no part numbers.

Also the bearing on the hitch idler pulley is sounding dry so that needs replaced. Is there a good source for that deep groove pulley?

Thanks!

Ken

The A145 belt is next to impossible to find, however A144 which is a 1/2 X 146" belt works and fairly easy to get. NAPA has been my supplier. Now the pulley I can't help you on, but you might try NAPA on that also. PS 146" belts work as the are quite a few of us that use it. On A144 belt do not settle for less. This as close to a Simplicity belt as you can get, an inch shorter.

I run mine on a 7116 (close enough I think) on a Gates Hi-Power A144 from O'reilly. I think it measures 1/2 x 146". They usually come in the next day for my local store. I'm sure any auto parts store has an equivalent.

As for the pulley, I had the same thing happen a month or two ago and the local Hardware Hank had an MTD pulley that was the same size with a slightly larger lip where the belt rides. I've been running it for a few hours at this point with no issues.

I have a Fleet Farm and a Tractor Supply so will try there for pullies. I used to work for a industrial supply house that stocks most any belt. I'll try there tomorrow to see if they have something. they carry the Thermoid brand belts. Not well known but a VERY good belt. Napa is not open today.:( They used to be open on Sundays.

2 to 3 inches of snow predicted for tonight and another 1 to 3 for Monday. I guess I'll have to break out the skid loader. I like the blower better as once and done. The skid steer takes a lot longer.

Ken

I picked up a belt (A144)at the supply house I used to work at. Thermoid brand. An excellent quality belt. List was $56 and I got the good guy^ discount so only $22:D I wound up at the local small engine parts place and they ordered a new pulley for $20ish. That will be here on Wednesday. I took the idler off the blower hitch and took it to work today. That bearing was sounding kind of dry so I found a small syringe and injected some new grease into the bearing. I was able to slip the needle under the lip of the seal. It should last "for a while" now. At least that pulley could be rebuilt. The halves are riveted together and you could cut the rivets, install a new bearing and bolt it back together. I'll cross that road when I come to it.

Ken