Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hello from new member!

ludite13

Hi all,

my name is James and I am the proud new owner of a 1968 Allis B-110. Asheville, NC is my home and I was lucky enough to have @8" of snow to plow with my new toy! It was good to learn how to use it, but also to find all that needs attention. I haven't been on a forum in quite a while, so I'm not sure how to post pics yet. I think maybe I'm not allowed as my club dues payment may take time to process? Anyhow, I've been reading a bunch of stuff here and am impressed with the knowledge base. I think I've learned enough about my tractor here to feel confident in making necessary repairs (like the trashed front pto bearings...) I look forward to more reading and interaction here.

Take care,

-James

quote:Originally posted by ludite13

I think maybe I'm not allowed as my club dues payment may take time to process?

id="quote">
id="quote">You are good to post pictures, one thing this computer does well, processing your payment and quick to tell when the next one is due.:DWelcome. A about pictures, make sure the size is around 100k. There are good resizer programs out there for free. I happen to use Irfanview, not that it is any better, it was the first for me to try and I stuck with it.

Welcome, I have a B-110 myself, I don't use it much as

all my other foot draggers have hydro lifts and there

much easier for an old fart to use.

I plan on doing a restore on it in the spring I have a hydro

I'll put on then.

• 4 weeks later...

Welecome to the club! We have most of the Yellow AC's. Grew up on them.:D Pto bearings aren't to hard to replace. And there's lots of help here if you need it.

Jeff

Welcome! No matter what your questions may be, someone on here will have the answer- a real smart bunch on here! Enjoy your tractor, and yes, post pics when you can.

Steve

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I got the pto all done and it works great. Then I noticed my inner tube popping out of a cracked tire... Why do I love this sort of stuff?

-James

quote:Originally posted by ludite13

Hi guys, Thanks for the warm welcome! I got the pto all done and it works great. Then I noticed my inner tube popping out of a cracked tire... Why do I love this sort of stuff?-James

id="quote">
id="quote">Because now you have a valid reason to buy some tri-ribs or ags to replace the rotted tires:DGlad to hear you got the pto sorted out!Dan

Welcome, James. Needing some attention is really what this site is all about. That's half the fun of these decades old machines!

what kind of fun or challenge would it be if all you had to do was sit on these vintage pieces of machinery and drive in circles? :Y

Welcome home James. I've been a member since '04 & have reaped more than the cost of dues many time over ea yr. I love the B-110, don't have one so I envy you.

Hi James. As you can see by my post count, I'm a bit of a rookie here myself. Lots of great people, and all the info you'll need.

Asheville, NC. I've gone through it a lot, on my way to Fayetteville,NC., to visit our son At Fort Bragg. He's back in WI now, with a civilian job, and in the AFR. Anyway, I'm also a railroad fan, spending the long Wisconsin winter working on my model railroad. There is a town near you I want to visit, on a famous rr grade, named Saluda. The steepest in the country, at 5%. And, the wifey and I would like to ride on the Smokey Mountain RR.

Anyway, welcome aboard! Now it's time to show pics of your Allis!

Mike.