Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

help-work lights

Nubian

Hello all! looking to install some new LED work lights on my D/A 5215HST, it's got some weird headlight marked "imasen BL11-101" trying to get info on wattage or power consumption, mind you tractor was made in 1989

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/003/1/5/3159-deutz-allis-5215.html

Anyway the only service manual I could find is for the AC 5015 which is about 95% close to identical with the same engine. Here is the generator info from the manual

1. No-load voltage at max engine speed AC 25 ~ 27V

2. Generating voltage at max engine speed 27V or over (between two disconnected sky blue leads)

3. Regulated voltage. 14.5 +/- 0.5V

What does #2 mean?

So once i figure out the total amp draw from current lights and accessories I can figure out the max work light i can safely use.

Number 2 means that you have an A-C primary voltage of 25 to 27VAC which in turn is retified and regulated down to 13.5VDC. You operators manual might give you what you are looking for.

Thank you Bob. Checked the manual and the web, nothing, i just want to find out the max this generator can safely handle

quote:Originally posted by BLT

Number 2 means that you have an A-C primary voltage of 25 to 27VAC which in turn is retified and regulated down to 13.5VDC. You operators manual might give you what you are looking for.

id="quote">
id="quote">

Thanks this is what I had in mind.http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/off-road-lights/145-heavy-duty-off-road-led-light-bar-36w/1221/2862/

quote:Originally posted by BLT

I'm taking a guess that you have a 15 amp charge system and if all you have are the two front and the new rear light, you should be OK.

id="quote">
id="quote">

There is no current light, i'm adding a work light to the rear.

quote:Originally posted by donmoore1904

Using the current draw for the existing lights would be the way to go, since you don't know the maximum available.

id="quote">
id="quote">

http://www.towmart.com/led-90-degree-flood-light

I put a pair of these 9 watt rectangular LED floods from Tow Mart on the top of my hard cab, and they've worked great. They came in the mail in a couple of days and were easy to wire up and mount.

I wired them into the pigtail of the battery maintainer terminals to power them directly off the battery, as they have such little power draw. At $35 each, they are inexpensive in the event I bust one off on something.

You found 720 lumens bright enough?

quote:Originally posted by DMKNLD

http://www.towmart.com/led-90-degree-flood-lightI put a pair of these 9 watt rectangular LED floods from Tow Mart on the top of my hard cab, and they've worked great. They came in the mail in a couple of days and were easy to wire up and mount. I wired them into the pigtail of battery maintainer terminals to power them directly off the battery, as they have such little power draw. At $35 each, they are inexpensive in the event I bust one off on something.

id="quote">
id="quote">

They give a wider more diffuse beam, but more than enough to 'light it up', and as important, be visible when I'm out blowing near the state road I live on. I have 2 pointing forward and 1 mounted on the back in the middle of the roof of the cab for backing and for rear visibility.