Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wounded B110

TFF

20140217_103535.jpg

20140217_103236.jpg

So the snow in New York this week was terrible...collapsed my carport. Is it wrong that I was more upset that my B-110 was crushed than my boat???? No "flat hood" jokes, please. It's just too soon...

20140217_103535.jpg.86084fd7240fb8fb3fd3bae2cd801692.jpg

20140217_103236.jpg.07ffb0af5bdd461350ce7526bf426690.jpg

Bad luck, but they are tough. I'm betting not much more damage other than seat and steering wheel if your careful getting her out.

I'm thinking it is backed up against the back of the small boat?

Can't see it in the first picture and the angle of the shadows tells me so....

The boat and the lift handle should have taken the brunt of the weight off the hood.

Yes, the B-110 is backed up against the rear of the boat. The boat took most of the hit - windshield is in a million pieces. The back end of the carport is resting on the tractor. One front and one rear wheel were flattened. Not sure about the rest yet - it took three hours just to get the snow off today. 3-5 more inches expected tonight...will let everyone know the damage, but I agree, it might just be cosmetic. BTW, after I shoveled, I found the lift handle is poking up through the carport roof - I don't think it even bent!!!

they dont make em like that anymore maybe you should reinforce your carport with b110 lift handles....SORRY had to make light out of a bad situation hope you know i wasnt being sarcastic im just kidding

quote:Originally posted by bassman300t

they dont make em like that anymore maybe you should reinforce your carport with b110 lift handles....SORRY had to make light out of a bad situation hope you know i wasnt being sarcastic im just kidding

id="quote">
id="quote">I wouldn`t say they don`t make them like that anymore:D. Simplicity has improved with every generation. MTD and AYP are the ones that don`t make them like that anymore!

That appears to be a snowmobile peeking out next to the boat - an accessory all central and upstate NYers should own. An alternative activity would be pulling that out, and doing some sledding while there is good snow. Spent several days and nights of my youth snowmobiling near Utica, NY.

Still arguing with the insurance company about coverage. Apparently if the "structure" doesn't have 3 walls, it's not a structure so its not covered. And anything that it crushes isn't covered either. What???? So if a tree crushed my tractor and boat, I'd be covered. But my 3K dollar carport isn't a structure so no coverage. I will be fighting this all the way to the top of the company. My wounded Allis will rise again!!!! And yes, next time I will build the carport with Allis lift handles....ugh.

If the tires were flat from sitting, that's one thing. If they were flattened by the shed, that is not a good sign at all. It would take a lot of load to flatten a tire.