Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Information on Loader for B10

MittenB10

With plans to go through my B10 (currently mothballed) as soon as the pole barn is complete, I'm really thinking more about a loader attachment for the front.

I have done some digging and sifting through forum posts and what I keep coming up with is the L10 loader - which appears to be hydraulic up/down and a trip bucket function.

I've also done some looking on the plans from LoaderPlans.com as well and really do like the thought of having full range of motion, both up/down and bucket tilt control. Has anyone used their plans, experience with fitting it up to a B10 or similar?

I know there are a couple members who are running buckets and I'd love to get some feedback.

Main reasons for wanting it. It's fun. Small material moving and snow pile moving.

There is a member here selling an L112 with mounting to fit your B10. Not sure it's listed, but he may speak up. It is the hydraulic bucket version. I wouldn't recommend the trip bucket. I have one as a collectible, more than anything else, and it works great for what it's designed for, but the hydraulic bucket control works so much better.

Always wanted a loader tractor.

After raking the roof the other day and shoveling that unbelievably heavy stuff, I think a loader is in order.

That loaderplans.com looks neat! I would like a loader, and I was going to go at it from scratch, but maybe the CAD drawing would be worth it....

Anybody on here ever built one from there?

Hydraulic is the way to go. The L112 that is posted in the classified will work out perfectly once cleaned up.

I have the L112 on my B10 and it used for small projects, scooping horse manure into spreader and soil moving. For me it is perfect.

B10LoaderBigTenSpreader.jpg

b10loader.jpg

If building one, make sure to use double-acting cylinders and controls for the loader arms in addition to the bucket dump. The original loaders do no have down-pressure on the loader arms -- which is VERY useful. But, be aware that it adds additional stress to the subframe -- and don't even consider building one for these tractors without a subframe. The tractor frame and the bevel gear box can't handle the stress of a loader without one...

• 2 weeks later...

Man everyone is on top of it and here I am responding over a week later. I was traveling for work then came down with whatever the crud is that's going around... knocked me down a notch.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I did not see the L112 loader in the classifieds so there is a good chance I missed out on it. If anybody has any leads on it, I would appreciate it.

I made some assumptions on the trip style bucket and one of the reasons why I'd shy away from that. Ideally I would be using this for snow removal in the winter. Dirt, mulch, etc. in the summer.

Great point on the double action cyl. and I would totally use a sub-frame. IF I build one vs. finding a usable L112, I was thinking of taking queues from some of the late model JD sub-compacts that allow you to drive right up to the bucket unit and connect. I know it wouldn't be completely hands-off, but making it easier on/off would be key.

The LoaderPlans.com has some unique features that I like. The use of one of the pillars as a reservoir is pretty slick.

Anybody have images they can share on where the original frame has been gusseted around the BGB or suggestions on strengthening the front end? I'm starting to make a list of various "items" that will need attention once I can get this under the knife.

Bowhunt,I love the little spreader to go with the little loader and little tractors! I hope you have little horses too.ROFLMAO

quote:Originally posted by oldsarge

Bowhunt,I love the little spreader to go with the little loader and little tractors! I hope you have little horses too.ROFLMAO

id="quote">
id="quote">For small horse apples!:D